The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 12/19/2022 at 9:57 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

The ultimate Stooge?

New music out last week, not bad at all!

So!  I posted this just before Christmas.  It had me thinking?

As u do that time of year, I did some research on the STOOGES. Buying, you guessed it, their first 3 albums.  :lol: 

The Stooges (album linked) I found on one of those online ranking lists. Oddly from 1969, the name of the albums top hit. Was listed as one of the top 10 influential albums of the 70's. A generation driving album classed as early punk, it is pure brilliance. Its slower and more melodic than modern punk? Maybe's the rep of Iggy's onstage personae.  The guitar work is pure psychedelia. The underlying Grunge so moody, it may hold Curt Cobain's soul.  I thought this was amazing!

Loved it so much, thought would share ''a review.''

Funhouse 1970   This simply kicks ass!  I think the studio drugs / mix must have been outrageous; there are still variations on songs surfacing quickly loosing their musical structure.  These guys are artists though, great musicians.

And Third Album Raw Power  .  I read controversially mixed by David Bowie. To which Iggy was not thrilled. This my favorite cut.

Edited by Canuck Surfer

robbie-bachman-famed-drummer-of-canadian-hard-dock-band-bachman-turner-overdrive-dies-aged-69

My cousin lives on Dunrobin Ave in Winnipeg to this day? I played street hockey. Does not seem to relate, but its a great old song anyone from Winnipeg at the time had heard. I knew Tim & Randy in the 80's, sad they lost their younger brother.

This one starts with the drummer...

Will leave the BTO stuff to others to conjure up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Muttley said:

One of the first rock groups I found to buy that was different when I was a kid. Alley-Cat records, Scott road, Delta. :rolleyes:

They have extra meaning here in Australia.  Vegimite & supermarket commercials up your wahoo like a yeast infection. Hopefully (?) u get the same commercial lead in we do?  :lol:

Followed by their  orchestral Night at the Prom's version of this song.  

• Cheers 1
On 1/13/2023 at 6:08 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

robbie-bachman-famed-drummer-of-canadian-hard-dock-band-bachman-turner-overdrive-dies-aged-69

My cousin lives on Dunrobin Ave in Winnipeg to this day? I played street hockey. Does not seem to relate, but its a great old song anyone from Winnipeg at the time had heard. I knew Tim & Randy in the 80's, sad they lost their younger brother.

This one starts with the drummer...

Will leave the BTO stuff to others to conjure up.

Thank you for posting this... Dunrobin's Gone is truly one of my most favourite songs from 'back then'! I honestly thought nobody else remembered  Brave Belt but me!

• Like 1