The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

the ricin was taken when Walt got Saul's security guard (Huell) to pat down Jesse. Walt then poisoned the child. Jesse went to Walt's house to kill him, accusing him of poisoning the kid by getting Huell to pat him down and steal the ricin. Walt convinced Jesse it was Gus. Later episodes when they were looking for the ricin at Jesse's (Jesse still believes Gus poisoned the kid), Walt plants the ricin cigarette on the bottom of the dust robot while Jesse isnt looking.

So at the end of this episode, Jesse is searching for his weed to smoke while waiting and finds it's gone as well. Huell stole the weed right out of his pocket when he was leaving the law office and bumped him by accident and Huell then gave Saul a nod (Like: "I got it"). He realizes that it's exactly what happened before when Walt tricked him into thinking Gus poisoned the kid.

Yeah but this is working under the assumption we watched those episodes recently, you can't have a convoluted plot point like that without putting something in the opening recap.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to end, but I can't see Jesse coming out ahead on this. My only reasoning for this is the the original intention was to kill of Jesse in the second episode of the first season. The way the series has been handled, everything is connected from season 1 to season 5.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to end, but I can't see Jesse coming out ahead on this. My only reasoning for this is the the original intention was to kill of Jesse in the second episode of the first season. The way the series has been handled, everything is connected from season 1 to season 5.

Or maybe they just said that to mislead us :shock:

I think Jesse has cracked up. He is living in a hell of remorse and regret . He now knows Walter killed Mike and tried to poison the kid. Right now he is raging. The clincher is going to be when Jesse finds some tape of him and Jane sleeping and sees it was Walter who let her die in her own vomit.

Hank and Marie are trapped and may even try to help Skyler , Holly and Walt Jr out -which by connection helps Walter out. Hank is stubborn and I expect him also to make one attempt to kill Walter as its the only way to exonerate himself and still get 'justice' over Walt.

The guys on the side are Lydia and Todd. Todd is naive and talks too much. His uncles are using him to get to Lydia . Lydia is extremely perceptive but is a coward by nature. I dont know if she survives the coup -if there is one. Todd is the only one who can cook so he has to survive for now.

I think Jesse has cracked up. He is living in a hell of remorse and regret . He now knows Walter killed Mike and tried to poison the kid. Right now he is raging. The clincher is going to be when Jesse finds some tape of him and Jane sleeping and sees it was Walter who let her die in her own vomit.

Hank and Marie are trapped and may even try to help Skyler , Holly and Walt Jr out -which by connection helps Walter out. Hank is stubborn and I expect him also to make one attempt to kill Walter as its the only way to exonerate himself and still get 'justice' over Walt.

The guys on the side are Lydia and Todd. Todd is naive and talks too much. His uncles are using him to get to Lydia . Lydia is extremely perceptive but is a coward by nature. I dont know if she survives the coup -if there is one. Todd is the only one who can cook so he has to survive for now.

Do we really need spoiler tags for this kind of speculation? If you aren't interested in spoilers, you shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Anyways, I really don't think Todd is naive at all. He purposely comes across that way, essentially playing an innnocent boy routine. However, he seems to constantly have a deeper understanding of what's going on. He's a true sociopath. He kills innocents without remorse and always has his eye on the end game. Todd's uncles are not as intelligent as Todd himself is. There's zero chance they are just "using him".

Do we really need spoiler tags for this kind of speculation? If you aren't interested in spoilers, you shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Anyways, I really don't think Todd is naive at all. He purposely comes across that way, essentially playing an innnocent boy routine. However, he seems to constantly have a deeper understanding of what's going on. He's a true sociopath. He kills innocents without remorse and always has his eye on the end game. Todd's uncles are not as intelligent as Todd himself is. There's zero chance they are just "using him".

I disagree.

These are the boys that coordinated 9 guys in federal lock up getting whacked within 2 min in three different prisons. Do you know how much clout you need to give those kind of orders?

Todd whacks a kid on impulse , because he didnt know what to do. He acted on instinct. Todd calls Walter on his cell phone and blabs about business for 2 minutes in a rambling way . Pure genius? How about DUNCE.

How about the guys who ran the cook complaining to Lydia that the only time they let Todd do a cook he nearly blew up the lab which was why they wanted to go with their cook? Todd is a Svengali !!!

Did you miss all that?

When speculating , you are unwittingly building it on concepts already shown so yes, I decided to use spoilers. At least for a day or two after it airs.

Final note; You believe everyone on here using 'spoiler tags' is being foolish?

I wonder if junior and the kid are in the house while Jesse is trying to torch it.

His car wasn't in the driveway, but yeah I wonder if he might show up. The trailer for next week has Jesse saying 'Mr. White is a Monster!' to somebody. I wonder who? Also, I don't think Jesse + Walt JR. have ever had a scene together.

Yeah but this is working under the assumption we watched those episodes recently, you can't have a convoluted plot point like that without putting something in the opening recap.

No way, I love that this show doesn't baby you and forces you to keep up with all the plot points on your own. I get so frustrated watching something like Sons of Anarchy, they put so much stuff in their intros I might as well not watch the episode because I already know every plot point that's going to be continued.

I only care about spoiler tags for future stuff, anything that's already happened is fair game.

I disagree.

These are the boys that coordinated 9 guys in federal lock up getting whacked within 2 min in three different prisons. Do you know how much clout you need to give those kind of orders?

Todd whacks a kid on impulse , because he didnt know what to do. He acted on instinct. Todd calls Walter on his cell phone and blabs about business for 2 minutes in a rambling way . Pure genius? How about DUNCE.

How about the guys who ran the cook complaining to Lydia that the only time they let Todd do a cook he nearly blew up the lab which was why they wanted to go with their cook? Todd is a Svengali !!!

Did you miss all that?

When speculating , you are unwittingly building it on concepts already shown so yes, I decided to use spoilers. At least for a day or two after it airs.

Final note; You believe everyone on here using 'spoiler tags' is being foolish?

I don't dispute that the white supremacists are connected and have clout in prison. That doesn't make them master manipulators though. Todd purposely comes off as less intelligent than he is. If he was such a bad cook, why is he the only one capable of making quality meth besides Walt? A fire happened. So what, it's a complicated process and everyone makes mistkes. That doesn't change the fact, Lydia was willing to kill a group of people to get Todd back into his position as cook.

Todd also did not act on impulse. He whacked the kid because he was a witness and Todd is ruthless. What made the act so ruthless was how uninstinctive it was. Todd stops, weighs his options, and then executes and innocent child. Then he takes a spider, the kid was carrying, as a trophy.

Todd is manipulating his uncle here, not the other way around.

As far as spoiler tags go, I'd agree with Bookie.

I only care about spoiler tags for future stuff, anything that's already happened is fair game.

Jesse had the ricin in his cig pack to kill Gus with. Huel searched Jesse and stole the ricin cig back in season 4. Then Brock ends up poisoned. Jesse figures Tyrus stole the cig and poisoned Brock on Gus' orders. But later finds out it was an accidental poisoning with Lily of the Valley. Walt then "finds" the ricin cig for Jesse at Jesse's house. Tonight when Huel stole the pot and Jesse found out, he remembers back to when Huel patted him down in season 4, and puts 2 and 2 together. "Walt must have had the cig stolen, poisoned Brock with the plant, hoped I would think it was Gus, so I would help Walt in killing Gus." He now realizes Walt poisoned Brock to win Jesse over.

Jesse's smarter than a lot of viewers give him credit for. Think about when they were planning the Vamonos Pest operation, he was the one doing the designs and explaining them to Walt.

I agree but I hate what Jesse's character has evolved into. This season has been strong though thus far. The last episode was particularly great when Hank and Marie were watching the taped recording.

Still don't get how Jesse knows Walt poisoned the kid, it wasn't with ricin, so its pretty shakey to connect pick pocketing the smokes and the kid getting sick, which was said by the doctor to be something that does happen by accident.

I know. When I watched him flip out I didnt connect it either. I guess upon reflection Jesse wonders why Walter would swipe it from him now? Its only use is to poison someone. If Walter has no problem using it , then he would have had no moral problem usiing it before, and thus he used it against the kid.

This would be my guess.

I know. When I watched him flip out I didnt connect it either. I guess upon reflection Jesse wonders why Walter would swipe it from him now? Its only use is to poison someone. If Walter has no problem using it , then he would have had no moral problem usiing it before, and thus he used it against the kid.

This would be my guess.

Not to mention his suspicions were basically confirmed by Saul during the scene after he walked away from the pick up. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch getting him into Saul's office but after that point it was clear that he knew exactly what had happened.

As far as what is coming up, clearly several things can be gleaned from upcoming titles and summaries...

Ep 12: Rabid Dog - An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything.

- This one isn't too clear, but it does play into the description of episode 15

EP 13: To'hajiilee - Things heat up for Walt in unexpected ways

- The To'hajilee reserve is where Walt buries his barrels of cash so it would seem likely that they will be involved in the plot of this episode somehow.

EP 14: Ozymandias - Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances in different ways

- "Ozymandias" is a poem by Percy Shelley. To rip off Wikipedia directly... "The central theme of Ozymandias is the inevitable decline of all leaders,and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time." It seems likely to me that this may be the nadir of Walter White's story in this episode.

EP 15: Granite State - Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion

- New Hampshire is the "Granite State" so clearly Walt's move to New Hampshire occurs at some point during this episode (or perhaps at the end of the previous one). The "events set in motion" probably refer to several events through the series but also likely refer to whatever happens in episode 12, especially if time has passed in the narrative.

EP 16: Felina - The Series Finale

- Obviously the producers are keeping the finale close to their chests...

Not to mention his suspicions were basically confirmed by Saul during the scene after he walked away from the pick up. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch getting him into Saul's office but after that point it was clear that he knew exactly what had happened.

As far as what is coming up, clearly several things can be gleaned from upcoming titles and summaries...

Ep 12: Rabid Dog - An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything.

- This one isn't too clear, but it does play into the description of episode 15

EP 13: To'hajiilee - Things heat up for Walt in unexpected ways

- The To'hajilee reserve is where Walt buries his barrels of cash so it would seem likely that they will be involved in the plot of this episode somehow.

EP 14: Ozymandias - Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances in different ways

- "Ozymandias" is a poem by Percy Shelley. To rip off Wikipedia directly... "The central theme of Ozymandias is the inevitable decline of all leaders,and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time." It seems likely to me that this may be the nadir of Walter White's story in this episode.

EP 15: Granite State - Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion

- New Hampshire is the "Granite State" so clearly Walt's move to New Hampshire occurs at some point during this episode (or perhaps at the end of the previous one). The "events set in motion" probably refer to several events through the series but also likely refer to whatever happens in episode 12, especially if time has passed in the narrative.

EP 16: Felina - The Series Finale

- Obviously the producers are keeping the finale close to their chests...

Good post. Here is what I think

I think Jesse is going to discover a tape Jane would make of him and Jesse having sex . This tape would be on when they were tripping out and walter comes over and lets Jane suffocate . The writers specifically made the scene to show Walter let her die. They didnt need to write it that way. This is my guess. Its possible he then joins Hank in an attempt to kill or set up Walter.

I have no idea what happens to Walters cash . The first time he tried to hide it in the basement skyler swiped it to pay the IRS for her lover. Maybe Skyler steals it again?

I think the 'empire' crashing down is the only person Walter cares about . Walter jr finds out about the real truth of his father.

I dont know what is the deal with NH . Perhaps its where his college buddies from the first season are now?

Season finale is walter dies . Maybe buried with his money. Who knows? Lol

I say Skyler gets away with Walt jr and Holly. Hank may end up dying because he couldnt let go and ends up a victim. I dont see Jesse dying . We all know Saul survives. I think Lydia and Todd take over the business.

I can see a season finale like the movie the departed where everyone

dies

. I just can't see this ending well for anyone at this point. Jesse and Hank are loose cannons, Everyone wants walt's head on a platter (if the cancer doesn't get him first), and Todd and his uncles as well as Lydia are pretty much chopped liver.

I think Jesse is going to discover a tape Jane would make of him and Jesse having sex . This tape would be on when they were tripping out and walter comes over and lets Jane suffocate . The writers specifically made the scene to show Walter let her die. They didnt need to write it that way. This is my guess. Its possible he then joins Hank in an attempt to kill or set up Walter.

I have no idea what happens to Walters cash . The first time he tried to hide it in the basement skyler swiped it to pay the IRS for her lover. Maybe Skyler steals it again?

I think the 'empire' crashing down is the only person Walter cares about . Walter jr finds out about the real truth of his father.

I dont know what is the deal with NH . Perhaps its where his college buddies from the first season are now?

Season finale is walter dies . Maybe buried with his money. Who knows? Lol

I say Skyler gets away with Walt jr and Holly. Hank may end up dying because he couldnt let go and ends up a victim. I dont see Jesse dying . We all know Saul survives. I think Lydia and Todd take over the business.

Todd and Lydia are such unlikeable characters to make it out alive. There's a reason they're still around in the show. I think they try to get Walt to cook again or try to kill him off (since we've seen in the past that Lydia does not like loose ends). Either way, I don't think anyone messes with Heisenberg at this point

Archived