The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

This show is entertaining and gripping. Some of the plot lines are brilliant, some are too farfetched for me. This show is nowhere near as good as all the hype it gets. Best show on TV today? no.

Best show ever? Laughable.

Wire>>>>Breaking Bad. I will still watch the remaining episodes in anticipation, but I am dumbfounded at how the internet grovels over it.

You know Scorsese didnt write the Departed.... even the writer of the Departed adapted it from a Japanese film trilogy.... And I liked that ending...

And now for something completely different.

Yea I know but he read the script before deciding to take the job obviously. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken the job if it was written for teenagers. And yea it was an awesome ending, which would work well for breaking bad. A Michael bay ending would involve up skirts on hot girls and huge explosions that do nothing for the plot.

This show is entertaining and gripping. Some of the plot lines are brilliant, some are too farfetched for me. This show is nowhere near as good as all the hype it gets. Best show on TV today? no.

Wire>>>>Breaking Bad. I will still watch the remaining episodes in anticipation, but I am dumbfounded at how the internet grovels over it.

Dumbfounded by this post.

Just curious, what do you consider the best tv show on today?

I don't think Breaking Bad is that great (early seasons were, but since then, so much of the plot has hinged on too many "that would never really happen" situations for my liking), but here is how I view it: Breaking Bad is to TV viewers what Inception is to casual movie watchers. Do you know what I mean?

That said, BB is really good, and it's one of the new first rate shows produced by a company NOT named HBO that has the "big budget, big story, big everything," modern touch. You know the whole (dumb) argument that TV is catching up to movies? BB helps people make that argument.

Honestly, I think Game of Thrones is kind of the same. Good, occasionally great, but hugely overrated because of superlative-abusing internet buzz, largely generated by people who have never really watched "great" TV before (i.e. young people), but are now convinced they are in the midst of something unique and amazing

What a great episode! Geez!

I cant see Walt dying... Jessie... I hope you don't either, but damn is he acting dumb!

Hank needs to die, even his partner from the DEA is learning how much of a monster Hank is just for this one case, doesn't care one bit about Jessie, just wants to be the one to catch Heisenberg.

Just curious what shows people think are miles better than this. It's not just an okay show just cause you loved The Wire. TV marks dissing a show over nothing. Yes, perhaps the show isn't realistic always, but that's television.

nobody said that

Jesse has got to go. His character has been pissing me off since after he killed Gale. I mean you're in the drug business! Suck it up! And what's with all these assumptions he makes about Walt (assuming he poisened Brock in season 4 and again in season 5, assuming he killed Mike etc) without any actual evidence. Even though Walt did do those things, you can't just go around waving a gun in his face almost killing the guy without evidence. As much as Walt is evil I still hope he wins this battle or whatever you wanna call it, because he's the only character at this point making rational decisions (even though everything up until now could have been avoided had he just swallowed his pride and accepted the money back in season 1, but regardless).

Was kind of surprised to learn he going to team up with Todd. Thought the whole story behind him and Lydia still being around was to tie up loose ends which is kind of true because Lydia probably wants Jesse dead now for going to the cops, but I would have thought Walt would be on her list as well.

Archived