The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

Why would Walt care at all about Gomez? Even Hank?

Did you notice he called off the hit when he saw Hank was there? He didn't want Hank to die and any deal Walt makes would have to include Gomez because he's pretty much Hank's best friend. But yah, asides from Hank and Gomez dying, the only other way out is surrendering, unless Jesse offers to start cooking in exchange for them released. Who knows though. What is this phone call I keep hearing about Hank to Marie, is it in a trailer for next weeks episode?

Did you notice he called off the hit when he saw Hank was there? He didn't want Hank to die and any deal Walt makes would have to include Gomez because he's pretty much Hank's best friend. But yah, asides from Hank and Gomez dying, the only other way out is surrendering, unless Jesse offers to start cooking in exchange for them released. Who knows though. What is this phone call I keep hearing about Hank to Marie, is it in a trailer for next weeks episode?

I assumed Walt called off the hit because he thought Hank had notified the rest of the police and so even if he took out Hank and Gomez the whole police force would have been after him.

Uhh maybe you stopped paying attention for a minute? Haha Hank called Marie just before the nazis showed up

My prediction:

Hank and Gomez die. Jesse lives and is forced to cook. Walt has to disappear using Saul's vacuum cleaner guy because of the blackmail / confession disk that Marie has and is now in play because Hank died.

The scene where Walt comes back is when he comes back to get the money and save Jesse.

wow if Jesse went back to cooking after his emo phase in season 4, feeling so guilty that he wanted out in season 5 and wanting to get back at Walt for what he believed he did with absolutely no evidence only to go back to cooking to save his own life, he'd have to be the most unlikeable character in the show. Even more so than Skyler.

After Hank's phone call to Marie, he has to die. Otherwise, that phonecall was unnecessarily timed.

Pretty much. The awkward pause after Hank said "I love you" to Marie hints that it's the last time he will ever talk to her. Could be reading to much into it, but I think Hank dies, Jesse runs away, Walt obviously lives, and Gomez I'm not sure about.

Uhh maybe you stopped paying attention for a minute? Haha Hank called Marie just before the nazis showed up

Oh that phone call, lol, that just seemed like a normal call to me

I assumed Walt called off the hit because he thought Hank had notified the rest of the police and so even if he took out Hank and Gomez the whole police force would have been after him.

Never thought of that, makes sense though.

Pretty much.  The awkward pause after Hank said "I love you" to Marie hints that it's the last time he will ever talk to her.  Could be reading to much into it, but I think Hank dies, Jesse runs away, Walt obviously lives, and Gomez I'm not sure about.

Don't think you are reading too much into it at all. Throughout Breaking Bad, the "theme" has been that Walt gets away, regardless of the consquences to those around him. I don't expect that to change at all. We already know that he comes back to his house, which is a complete mess. I don't think he would risk going back to his place, knowing that both Hank and Gomez would be on the lookout for him. It was a nice scene between Marie and Hank, a great way for the two to say goodbye.

After Hank's phone call to Marie, he has to die. Otherwise, that phonecall was unnecessarily timed.

Yeah...I have a feeling Hank will die just because of that phone call and the tone of his voice like it is the last time they will ever talk. I figured it out right away even before the shootout occurred.

Oh that phone call, lol, that just seemed like a normal call to me

I have to disagree. He doesnt need to call his wife out of the blue on every stake out . The whole show revolves around Hank 'solving' this case. He stakes his whole career on it .

They hadnt even called the in the swat team to dig up the money, yet he calls his wife to brag about the bust? To me it was pretty much gloating. Bringing closure for both Marie and Hank.

Besides, what did they actually have Walter on? Saul would have him out of jail an hour after Hank had him in lockdown.

We know Walter has to run away for a year , and we know his house gets destroyed. The only one juvenile enough to spray paint his place is Jesse and his cronies.

As far as Jesse goes, does anyone else feel like the guy has gone off his rocker? Hes completely lost it.

Archived