The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Dan Hamhuis

I love this deal and I'm not trying to sound like a Negative Nancy, but is there any chance that the Flyers and Penguins can open up a case against the Canucks for tampering? Perhaps it was Hamhuis intention all along on his heart set to sign with the Canucks, but it sure doesn't hurt the Flyers and Penguins to get a conspiracy theory going and perhaps try to get some compensation out of this. Just a thought here.

Gillis and the management team are geniuses, they have re-built our defense in 1 year.

Ehrhoff, Ballard, Hamhuis inserted into the top-4.

They did it without hurting the team one bit.

Canucks are top Contenders now baby!

One of the nicer things about this trade is that with all the top D gone, Bieksa is fairly valuable trade bait.

We definitely upgraded our D, even if we did pay for it, and oranizationally we will get some more assets in return for Bieksa.

As someone above posted, I would be over the moon if we ended up moving O'Brien and managed to hold onto Mitchell... that would be a retarded defence corps.

Apparently CBJ and VAN are not close of a deal with Bieksa, and Bob McKenzie said the Canucks are most likely done for today.

So hopefully MG finds a taker soon.

But even if we keep Bieksa, he'll be 3rd pairing, so we won't be over playing him, or over using him, thank god.

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Is it entirely possible that we still keep Bieksa or Mitchell?<br /><br />Luongo&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 5.3333<br />Schneider&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.9<br />Hamhuis&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4.5<br />Ballard&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4.2<br />Bieksa&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.75<br />Salo&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.5<br />Ehrhoff&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.1<br />Edler&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.25<br />Rome&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.75<br />Hodgson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.6<br />D.Sedin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 6.1<br />H.Sedin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 6.1<br />Kesler&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 5<br />Burrows&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2<br />Malholtra&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.5<br />Samuelson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2<br />Raymond&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.75<br />Hodgson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.6<br />Hansen&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.6<br />Hordichuk&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.85<br />Glss&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.6<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 60.9833<br /><br />The numbers almost work but itll be dependant on Raymond's contract.<br /><br />Mitchell could still potentially fit at around a 3 million / year cap hit.<br /><br />Ehrhoff Hamhuis<br />Edler Ballard<br />Mitchell Salo<br /><br />The above is one damn fine d-core.<br />

Ballard-Ehrhoff

Hamhuis-Edler

Salo-Bieksa

Not gonna lie, I have hated our defence ever since Jovo left, and even then I wasn't too big of a fan of it, but Gillis has finally made a defence group that I actually like! Now, I hope we can trade Bieksa for either a good package of picks and prospects or a top 9 winger. then we can try and re-sign SOB or maybe slot Rome in for the 6th spot, but either way, MG has made his promise come true by changing up this defence for the better :)

Bieksa moved for 3rd line winger (or picks, if he is moved for picks, we can use shroeder or hodgson on the wing) Raymond resigned, Sign SOB, and we we are great!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Sammy

Tambolini(spelling?)-Malholtra-Coho/Shroeder/Someone we get for bieksa

Tough guy-Rypien-Oreskovich

Hamuis-Edler

Ballard-Ehrhoff

Salo-SOB

Luongo

Schneider

:)

Archived