The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Dan Hamhuis

The Vancouver Canucks have verbally agreed to terms with defenseman Dan Hamhuis on a $27 million, six-year contract, a source told ESPN.com.

The deal has still not been signed or finalized.

Hamhuis was an unrestricted free agent. His rights were traded by the Nashville Predators to Philadelphia on June 19 and then the Flyers flipped his rights to the Pittsburgh Penguins last Friday night at the NHL draft.

I'll give MG credit where it's due. I think he overpaid for all three of the big name newcomers ( Malhotra, Hamhuis and Ballard), but he identified the weaknesses and made moves to rectify them. Vancouver should be a true contender next year........not a lot of weak spots in the lineup now........let's just hope there's no major injuries.

I'll give MG credit where it's due. I think he overpaid for all three of the big name newcomers ( Malhotra, Hamhuis and Ballard), but he identified the weaknesses and made moves to rectify them. Vancouver should be a true contender next year........not a lot of weak spots in the lineup now........let's just hope there's no major injuries.

Archived