The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Here are Bxa's 20 best quotes according to 'Pass it to Bulis'

I laughed almost as hard at these as I do when I watch Bxa try to play defense

That was actually pretty witty there, C. (well, half-witty anyway....)

There were some good lines there. I liked these two:

On Ryan Kesler's clothing line: Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows.

On Roberto Luongo going down after taking a high shot in practice: There's no referee, I don't know why he was trying to draw a penalty.

That was actually pretty witty there, C. (well, half-witty anyway....)

There were some good lines there. I liked these two:

On Ryan Kesler's clothing line: Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows.

On Roberto Luongo going down after taking a high shot in practice: There's no referee, I don't know why he was trying to draw a penalty.

More like nit-witty....lol.

• 1 month later...

Well, now that the first game of the season is out of the way, it's time to bump/revive this thread.

Last year the Hammer Bxa pairing was easily in the top 5 in the league. last night Hamhuis had a very good defensive game, Bxa was awful with the giveaways and bad penalty, screening Lou, couldn't clear his own zone etc.

If the highest paid Nuck with the NTC and biggest cap hit among the D, Bxa, doesn't pick it up the pairing is a one man pairing, Hammer.

twins.jpg

Well, now that the first game of the season is out of the way, it's time to bump/revive this thread.

Last year the Hammer Bxa pairing was easily in the top 5 in the league. last night Hamhuis had a very good defensive game, Bxa was awful with the giveaways and bad penalty, screening Lou, couldn't clear his own zone etc.

If the highest paid Nuck with the NTC and biggest cap hit among the D, Bxa, doesn't pick it up the pairing is a one man pairing, Hammer.

twins.jpg

pretty sure juice was terrible at the start of last season too.

pretty sure juice was terrible at the start of last season too.

True, but at the start of last year he was kind of a spare part, this year he makes 7 million dollars and has an air tight NTC.

I think his play improvement, like his goal the stanchion assisted on was a fluke.

Hopefully for the team's sake, I'm wrong, but I think re signing him vs the Hoff was a big mistake by MG.

True, but at the start of last year he was kind of a spare part, this year he makes 7 million dollars and has an air tight NTC.

I think his play improvement, like his goal the stanchion assisted on was a fluke.

Hopefully for the team's sake, I'm wrong, but I think re signing him vs the Hoff was a big mistake by MG.

Hoff was offered the same deal as Juice, but chose to go for the money, while Bieksa stayed loyal to the organization that drafted him.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if your prediction of his re-signing being a "big mistake" is as accurate as your prediction that he'd be "playing in Europe with Welly" was....

Hoff was offered the same deal as Juice, but chose to go for the money, while Bieksa stayed loyal to the organization that drafted him.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if your prediction of his re-signing being a "big mistake" is as accurate as your prediction that he'd be "playing in Europe with Welly" was....

He was offered the same cap hit, 4.6 and apparantly countered @ 5.2. He was expecting a counter from MG, but MG just cut him loose, so then the Hoff left and shopped his services. The way Bxa played in the SCF and in the first game of the season, there is no way he is worth 4.6. Hoff on the other hand proved he was worth 5.2, all day long.

He was offered the same cap hit, 4.6 and apparantly countered @ 5.2. He was expecting a counter from MG, but MG just cut him loose, so then the Hoff left and shopped his services. The way Bxa played in the SCF and in the first game of the season, there is no way he is worth 4.6. Hoff on the other hand proved he was worth 5.2, all day long.

Actually Hoff wasn't good in the SCF either, so you can't say he proved it "all day long". In fact, Bieksa was clearly better in the Conference Finals against SJ. Remember, he contributed 4 goals in 5 games in a pivotal series. I dunno how you could keep knocking on the dude but after awhile it gets old. I mean really.

And on a soft note. Not only is he a great D-man but he's easily the best quotable player on the team. I still laugh at what he said about John Scott. The f**ing pylon got served! XD

Ehrhoff's cap hit is lower then Bieksa's. If MG offered him a 7 year deal at 4.6 per season, he would've taken it. Ehrhoff was looking for the term, not the money.

You've never been anything but wrong.....what makes you think anything's changed??

oh and......lol.

Ehrhoff's cap hit is lower then Bieksa's. If MG offered him a 7 year deal at 4.6 per season, he would've taken it. Ehrhoff was looking for the term, not the money.

A 7 year deal might have worked, but MG only offered Ehrhoff a 5 year @ 4.6, the same as Bxa, like I said Ehrhoff countered and MG trsded his rights rather than changing his original offer.

Oh and the Hoff played 3 rounds of the playoffs with the use of only one shoulder.

A 7 year deal might have worked, but MG only offered Ehrhoff a 5 year @ 4.6, the same as Bxa, like I said Ehrhoff countered and MG trsded his rights rather than changing his original offer.

Oh and the Hoff played 3 rounds of the playoffs with the use of only one shoulder.

Bieksa played 3 and a half rounds with only one knee.

And how many clutch goals did Ehrhoff score for us in the playoffs?? Asa matter of fact what were his stats again compared to 'Bxa's'??

Oh right....

Bieksa: Goals = 5 (Defence Best), Plus/Minus = +6 (Defence Best), Game Winners = 1 (tied- Defence Best) TOI = 25:40 (Defence Highest)

Ehrhoff: Goals = 2, Plus/Minus = -13 (Team Worst), Game Winners = 0, TOI = 22:26

Bieksa played on one knee in the Finals. He scored clutch goals, including the WCF clinching goal, layed out hits, fought, and was the best defenceman and most consistent dman we had in the playoffs.

He justified his contract...moreso than Ehrhoff.....because when it really counted, Juice stepped up and showed up.

But, i'll enjoy another season of slapping you around nonetheless.....lol.

Archived