The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you guys watch NBA? I'm looking at schedules on sports channels and even the NBA channel, and it's utter trash. Nothing but Raptors games?

Is there any way to follow NON-Raptors teams in Canada? I'm looking primarily for Knicks games, but it seems like I can only see them when playing against the Raptors.

Any ideas?

NBA TV should have most important games (though they will show Raptors games over any other games on if you're in Canada). Check if you have NBA TV or Raptors TV too, there's a difference. I usually just stream though!

Award Prediction time:

MVP: obviously Lebron, not a fan of the guy, but it would be shocking if he didn't win the MVP

DPOY: I think it will be Dwight Howard, but I also think the hustle, and rebounding of Joakim Noah will keep him in the mix and he will be a close second

Rookie: I think this award will easily be won by Oladipo. He will have every opportunity to get minutes in Orlando and he is somebody who can score and play good defense.

Coach: I think it will be Mike Brown because of the rise in the standings for Cleveland. However if a team like Miami can pull of a close to record setting season it might go to Spoelstra.

6th man: Harrison Barnes. Really good player and would be a starter on this team if not for the signing of Iguodala.

Most Improved: Don't really like picking this award, hard to guess, but if I were to say I'd guess Eric Bledsoe just because of the increase in minutes playing on a bad phoenix team and more importantly not behind Chris Paul.

Let me know what you think and post your own predictions down below

Disagree with Mike Brown. It was pretty easy for him to coach the cavs.

Here's the formula:

GM gives him the worst supporting cast and doesn't improve it for 6-7 years.

Now who else do you give the ball to? Zylgauskus? West? Verajao?

No, you give it to lebron. that's pretty much what they did all the time in cleveland lol. Lebron did every single thing for that franchise, and the ownership didn't give him anything to work with. No wonder he left :picard:

Award Prediction time:

MVP: obviously Lebron, not a fan of the guy, but it would be shocking if he didn't win the MVP

DPOY: I think it will be Dwight Howard, but I also think the hustle, and rebounding of Joakim Noah will keep him in the mix and he will be a close second

Rookie: I think this award will easily be won by Oladipo. He will have every opportunity to get minutes in Orlando and he is somebody who can score and play good defense.

Coach: I think it will be Mike Brown because of the rise in the standings for Cleveland. However if a team like Miami can pull of a close to record setting season it might go to Spoelstra.

6th man: Harrison Barnes. Really good player and would be a starter on this team if not for the signing of Iguodala.

Most Improved: Don't really like picking this award, hard to guess, but if I were to say I'd guess Eric Bledsoe just because of the increase in minutes playing on a bad phoenix team and more importantly not behind Chris Paul.

Let me know what you think and post your own predictions down below

MVP: Everyone's talking about LeBron, and while I like him, I think KD will make a strong push. You can see how hard he works and how much he improves season by season.

Agree with what you said for DPOY, but throw Hibbert into the mix. The guy's an absolute beast.

ROY: This rookie class is looking to be the weakest in years, but Oladipo, Bennett, Trey Burke, and McLemore could all win it. Disagree with Oladipo "easily" winning it. I'd bet my money on him winning it as of right now, but guys like Len, Zeller, MCW and the ones listed above are all going to be getting decent minutes and roles so it's hard to say. I have Olynyk has the sleeper, the kid has huge potential, was the best player in summer league, and will be getting lots of minutes (especially with an injury prone Sullinger and a weak front court in Boston).

Coach of the Year: Doc Rivers. Huge respect for the guy, one of the best coaches in the league and I'm really liking what he's done already since arriving in LA. Excited to see what he can do with a contending group that's in their prime, along with one of the deepest benches in the league. Lots of pieces for him to use, they could top OKC and SA for top of the West.

6th Man: Jamal Crawford. Like I said, the Clippers have an extremely second unit and Crawford will be leading it. Another year under his belt plus playoff experience, along with a coach like Doc, I could see him excelling this year. Other candidates include Harrison Barnes and Jarret Jack.

Most Improved Player: I agree with Bledsoe. I picked him up with my last pick in my fantasy draft, and I totally forgot to bring him up to my roster from my bench, costing me 36 fantasy points haha. I'm glad him and Dragic found chemistry playing together in the backcourt. Dragic is a great passer, and with the increased minutes Bledsoe's numbers are going to jump significantly. I'm also considering Kawhi Leonard, because of his increasing role (next face of the Spurs) and minutes (aging veteran stars are going to have their minutes limited a bit). The kid is amazing. Also, Jeremy Lamb. He'll be getting increase minutes as well, and playing alongside KD and Westbrook will benefit his stats. He could also be a key player coming off the bench for OKC, similar to Harden.

Disagree with Mike Brown. It was pretty easy for him to coach the cavs.

Here's the formula:

GM gives him the worst supporting cast and doesn't improve it for 6-7 years.

Now who else do you give the ball to? Zylgauskus? West? Verajao?

No, you give it to lebron. that's pretty much what they did all the time in cleveland lol. Lebron did every single thing for that franchise, and the ownership didn't give him anything to work with. No wonder he left :picard:

So true. Everyone accuses LeBron of abandoning Cleveland, saying that he can't be compared to the greats because he "ditched his team to win championships", when the truth is that the management was horrible. Treated him poorly, failed to provide him with a supporting cast and he still singlehandedly took them to the Finals. Sure, the way he did it was extremely dramatic and unnecessary, but I don't blame him. Look at Kobe's championships. He was Robin to Shaq's Batman for 3 of them, and had Gasol and Bynum (who were legitimate presences in the post) for his other two. MJ had Pippen, and then Rodman, as well as a really good supporting cast with Armstrong, Grant, Kukoc, and clutch players like Kerr and Paxson. Except the difference is that the organizations brought the team to Kobe and MJ, instead of the other way around. Don't want your star player to leave? Keep him happy by putting decent players around them. It's simple, really. At least the Cavs seem to have learned their lesson and are putting some pretty good pieces around Kyrie.

ROY: This rookie class is looking to be the weakest in years, but Oladipo, Bennett, Trey Burke, and McLemore could all win it. Disagree with Oladipo "easily" winning it. I'd bet my money on him winning it as of right now, but guys like Len, Zeller, MCW and the ones listed above are all going to be getting decent minutes and roles so it's hard to say. I have Olynyk has the sleeper, the kid has huge potential, was the best player in summer league, and will be getting lots of minutes (especially with an injury prone Sullinger and a weak front court in Boston).

Ya i guess easily probably wasn't the best word to use, should would have been better. But if MCW keeps on putting up half the numbers he did last night it will be him easily winning the award. I really hope you are right about Olynyk as well. As a Celtic fan I'm gonna need something to hold onto this year, should be a rough one. From what I saw opening night though he needs to get a lot stronger in order to be effective at this level. He doesn't need to try and look like Dwight Howard and get just absolutely jacked, but needs to get better anchor strenght so he doesn't get pushed off the spot so easily. I mean there was about a 5-8 minute stretch there where Steve Novak was guarding him and as a 7 footer he only scored on one post up. But if he can strengthen up a little bit he should be a very good NBA player considering how skilled he is for a 7 footer

Ya i guess easily probably wasn't the best word to use, should would have been better. But if MCW keeps on putting up half the numbers he did last night it will be him easily winning the award. I really hope you are right about Olynyk as well. As a Celtic fan I'm gonna need something to hold onto this year, should be a rough one. From what I saw opening night though he needs to get a lot stronger in order to be effective at this level. He doesn't need to try and look like Dwight Howard and get just absolutely jacked, but needs to get better anchor strenght so he doesn't get pushed off the spot so easily. I mean there was about a 5-8 minute stretch there where Steve Novak was guarding him and as a 7 footer he only scored on one post up. But if he can strengthen up a little bit he should be a very good NBA player considering how skilled he is for a 7 footer

It's okay man, silver lining for this year is that we get the chance to watch Jeff Green develop into the star everyone projected him to be. Also, players like Bradley, Brooks, and Sullinger will all be getting more minutes and bigger roles so hopefully it'll help their development. Yeah that'll come with experience, a lot of big men coming into the league have to learn to adjust to the level of the NBA. Take the Brow for example, he was dominating in his freshman year in college and yet struggled a bit at the beginning of the season. Watching him in the preseason, you could see that he added size and was a lot more of a presence inside. He's going to be putting up 20-10 easily soon enough, along with 2.5-3 blocks a game. Give Olynyk time and he'll be one of the most consistent big men in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping a team like Utah doesn't draft wiggins,I want him to go to Philly, or Detroit.

Just from the first 8-10 games it is looking like Utah is the weakest team, but it's not too often the team in last wins the lottery. Also, personally I don't think Utah would be the worst place he could go, that would be Sacramento. Or maybe the Lakers, but that's just cause it would create some confusion for me whether to root for him or not.

Things not looking too good in Cleveland right now. 3-7 and apparently some of the players got in a confrontation in a players only meeting. To me this is the most disappointing team in the league not from the state of New York, I really thought with the improvement of Waiters, Irving and Thompson as well as adding Bynum would make them a pretty safe bet to be a playoff team. Plus talk about disappointing with Bennett, he wasn't somebody I was expecting to come in right away and tear up the league, but I thought he would be a solid contributor, hopefully it is just getting back up to speed after his shoulder injury. Always hate when Canadians, especially the better ones, are struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived