The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This. They'll attempt to move Lowry/Amir now. They've got good role players/fillers. Just no superstars. I believe JV is an efficient C, and that Derozan can be coached into a consistent 21-4-5 guy or so. Vazquez can do what Calderon did, but also same defensive problems. Patterson is okay, but IMO he's not the right fit under Casey.

Raptors need a top six pick. That's where the franchise guys are.

Parker, Wiggins, Exum, Smart, Randle, Embiid..

pls rapsplspslslspslsplspl

ALSO DIDN'T I CALL MIKE BROWN FAILURE!

How? We shed Rudy Brick's contract who didn't fit in this team at all.

When your response to a sputtering start to the season is to trade your star player for a series of scrubs that don't nearly match in skill or value, that's awful. If the idea is to just tank, that is what disgusts me.

When your response to a sputtering start to the season is to trade your star player for a series of scrubs that don't nearly match in skill or value, that's awful. If the idea is to just tank, that is what disgusts me.

Wiggins is supposed to be the next LeBron and has stated that he wants to play for Toronto. Don't agree with the trade in the slightest, but seems like a lot of fans on Twitter are happy that Gay is gone.

Wiggins is supposed to be the next LeBron and has stated that he wants to play for Toronto. Don't agree with the trade in the slightest, but seems like a lot of fans on Twitter are happy that Gay is gone.

Yeah, fans that have been calling far a tank since before the season had even started were happy that the trade was made. I'm aware of who Wiggins is, and that that the draft class has some great talents at the top.

But tanking is what bothers me. A team giving up, and playing to lose? Going into games with an intentional competitive disadvantage?

They dumped a lot of cap, but they don't have the intention of filling it with anything.

Yeah, fans that have been calling far a tank since before the season had even started were happy that the trade was made. I'm aware of who Wiggins is, and that that the draft class has some great talents at the top.

But tanking is what bothers me. A team giving up, and playing to lose? Going into games with an intentional competitive disadvantage?

They dumped a lot of cap, but they don't have the intention of filling it with anything.

For a team as desperate as the Raptors, I can't say I'm surprised. They're in need of a franchise player, they haven't had one since Vince Carter or Chris Bosh. Picking in the lottery in this year's draft would ensure a player they can build around. It's sad, but they don't have many options. Aside from Gay and Lowry, they don't have much trade bait and it's not like Toronto is a FA destination.

For a team as desperate as the Raptors, I can't say I'm surprised. They're in need of a franchise player, they haven't had one since Vince Carter or Chris Bosh. Picking in the lottery in this year's draft would ensure a player they can build around. It's sad, but they don't have many options. Aside from Gay and Lowry, they don't have much trade bait and it's not like Toronto is a FA destination.

Throwing a season to do so this is what bothers me. Tanking by way of throwing away your players is low. It's not easy to build a team in Toronto is not easy. Intentionally stunted them so they fail is not okay though.

I like this trade that the Raptors made... for the Kings.

They are some very good player this year in the draft outside Parker, Randle, and Wiggins.

There is the 7 foot center on Kansas who is an athletic freak.

Marcus Smart who is a beast point guard with great size and power coupled with athleticism.

Then there is Aaron Gordon who basically could be the next Blake Griffin. Lot of talent this year.

You want to get a top 5 pick if you are not making the playoffs.

I like this trade that the Raptors made... for the Kings.

They are some very good player this year in the draft outside Parker, Randle, and Wiggins.

There is the 7 foot center on Kansas who is an athletic freak.

Marcus Smart who is a beast point guard with great size and power coupled with athleticism.

Then there is Aaron Gordon who basically could be the next Blake Griffin. Lot of talent this year.

You want to get a top 5 pick if you are not making the playoffs.

Top six-seven is where you want to land in this draft.

lmfao @ people who think Gay is a star player. With the shot totals he has every night, he should be averaging 25 points per game.

But he continues to brick and get 18 or so. Derozan is shooting something like .75-.100 better than him and averaging more points. Gay did not help this team at all. You guys are utterly stupid if you think he had value to get something much much better than what Ujiri brought in. The team had no chemistry with him. All he did was come off of screens and chuck up a shot. He's a chucker, and that's it. He can't put the ball on the ground against a good team.

NOT TO MENTION HE HAS THE SECOND WORST CONTRACT IN THE NBA BEHIND STOUDEMIRE.

He's a top ten SF, but he's not worth 19 million + the fact he's going to make more than that next season lol..

I can't believe you guys seriously think Gay is a star player in the NBA. He's a chucker, a ball hog, and he won't win you a championship if he's one of your two main centerpieces.

It's best for this team to let Lowry/Vazquez help facilitate this offense. Feed Valenciunas so he can continue to improve. He's already very, very efficient. Let Derozan become a consistent 20 5 5 guy or something, and see where you go from there.

LOL you guys must not watch basketball if you think people want his contract. It's like trading Luongo - except worse. Luongo's maybe a top ten goalie in the NHL. Got a horrible contract, and no one wants it except for dumps and maybe one piece.

Like I said, except worse.

rudy

gay

sucks

Honestly, if the Raptors were gonna tank like some people here think they are after the trade, they would've kept Gay.

He's a top ten SF, but he's not worth 19 million + the fact he's going to make more than that next season lol..

Earns $19M next season, earning $17M this season. But I agree he isn't worth that much at all.

Joe Johnson says hi

rudy

gay

sucks

Now now. He is overrated, but saying he sucks? That is a tad bit excessive don't you think?

Honestly, if the Raptors were gonna tank like some people here think they are after the trade, they would've kept Gay.

Earns $19M next season, earning $17M this season. But I agree he isn't worth that much at all.

Joe Johnson says hi

Now now. He is overrated, but saying he sucks? That is a tad bit excessive don't you think?

Meh, I'd rather have Joe Johnson because he's slightly more efficient but both are horrible contracts.

Last part was definitely excessive. It was mostly out of annoyance due to the posts implying he's a star. Offsetting huh?

At the highest, Gay is deserving of 12m - (Batum makes 11.something IIRC, and he's so much more efficient)

Top six-seven is where you want to land in this draft.

lmfao @ people who think Gay is a star player. With the shot totals he has every night, he should be averaging 25 points per game.

But he continues to brick and get 18 or so. Derozan is shooting something like .75-.100 better than him and averaging more points. Gay did not help this team at all. You guys are utterly stupid if you think he had value to get something much much better than what Ujiri brought in. The team had no chemistry with him. All he did was come off of screens and chuck up a shot. He's a chucker, and that's it. He can't put the ball on the ground against a good team.

I can't believe you guys seriously think Gay is a star player in the NBA. He's a chucker, a ball hog, and he won't win you a championship if he's one of your two main centerpieces.

It's best for this team to let Lowry/Vazquez help facilitate this offense. Feed Valenciunas so he can continue to improve. He's already very, very efficient. Let Derozan become a consistent 20 5 5 guy or something, and see where you go from there.

LOL you guys must not watch basketball if you think people want his contract. It's like trading Luongo - except worse. Luongo's maybe a top ten goalie in the NHL. Got a horrible contract, and no one wants it except for dumps and maybe one piece.

Like I said, except worse.

rudy

gay

sucks

The Raptors are clearly trying to clear salary to tank. This was a good move to get rid of the contract and they got a couple of decent pieces back in Vasquez a good playmaking pg with some size and Patterson who is a solid PF.

The question know is will Lowry or Vasquez be the starting PG and who are the starting 5 then?

C Valciunas PF Johnson SF DeRozan SG Ross PG Lowry

2nd unit C Hansbrough PF Patterson SF Fields SG Salmons PG Vasquez

I still think Gay will do well in Sacramento with Cousins and Thomas.

C Cousins PF Williams SF Gay SG McLemore PG Thomas

That is an exciting lineup that should start getting some wins with the addition of Gay to join with the recently acquired Derrick Williams from the Timber wolves.

Apparently Boogie Cousins is one of the worst teammates in the NBA. I don't think Gay will help that team much - I think it relies on Mclemore becoming a 20-5-5 guy at least, as well as one of Thomas/Williams developing into better players. Boogie will be a good player once he can remove his stupidity in regards to his decision to take 18 footers lol. Meh, don't believe in the Kings within the next 2-3 seasons. If they add a guy during free agency i.e. Melo, then it changes everything.

Cousins - Williams - Melo - Mclemore - Thomas could be interesting..

I wouldn't be shocked if they went with a LOT of two guard game. I think they'll play Greivis with Valenciunas, and when they have to play small ball, they'll use Lowry more.

I see them both getting 25+ minutes a game if everything works out.

Rudy Gay hurt the team with his FG%, and now we can finally see guys like JV and Ross develope.

Gay was inconsistent and terrible defensively, but he was one of Toronto's best players most nights. That's saying something. Trading him away isn't going to help the team at all. It's not like he was taking much time away from Valanciunas and Ross, but yes the younger players will likely be seeing more court time now that they're tanking.

Apparently Boogie Cousins is one of the worst teammates in the NBA. I don't think Gay will help that team much - I think it relies on Mclemore becoming a 20-5-5 guy at least, as well as one of Thomas/Williams developing into better players. Boogie will be a good player once he can remove his stupidity in regards to his decision to take 18 footers lol. Meh, don't believe in the Kings within the next 2-3 seasons. If they add a guy during free agency i.e. Melo, then it changes everything.

Cousins - Williams - Melo - Mclemore - Thomas could be interesting..

I wouldn't be shocked if they went with a LOT of two guard game. I think they'll play Greivis with Valenciunas, and when they have to play small ball, they'll use Lowry more.

I see them both getting 25+ minutes a game if everything works out.

There's no way Melo is going to Sac lol. He wants to win a championship, Sacramento isn't the place for that. He'll likely be going to LA. Even with the addition of Melo, I doubt Sac makes the playoffs in the West. But yeah, I agree that Gay isn't really going to help them at all. Williams is looking like a bust but can hopefully be a decent role player for them. Isiah is good, but he needs to learn how to play more effectively with his size. Cousins will be a good player when he matures and not to be a bigoted baby. Until then, the Kings will continue to be a mediocre team that can't attract big name FAs

Archived