The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Raptors want a first, but the Knicks can't trade any of their firsts until 2018. Apparently there's interest in shumpert/hardaway

GS and the nets are reported as to have been knocking on the door.

Huge difference in gay and Lowry in terms of trade value. Lowry is incredibly efficient, lockdown perimeter guard, and he's got another good 5-6 yrs before he starts to drop.

Raptors want a first, but the Knicks can't trade any of their firsts until 2018. Apparently there's interest in shumpert/hardaway

Huge difference in gay and Lowry in terms of trade value. Lowry is incredibly efficient, lockdown perimeter guard, and he's got another good 5-6 yrs before he starts to drop.

If we get Hardaway for Lowry (in his final year of contract) that would be a steal.

I believe the deal was Felton and a 1st for Lowry, but as you said the Knicks don't have any 1sts to give away and they stated that Hardaway and Shump aren't up for discussion. Brooklyn seems to be the frontrunner at this point

Thanks for your poignant analysis, but I'm entitled to react however I want. I'm quite aware of who Vasquez is. I don't mind him as a player. He's not going to do much of anything to help this team though.

I understand that his contract was a handicap, and it hampered his value, but my biggest issue was that they're not going to use this new found space to do anything.

The narrative that Gay's inneficient play was hurting the team is not one I agree with. Yes his shooting percentage is crap, but the team does better with him there. He's the guy on the team that you want went the game is on the line. He's the guy you want to get the ball to.

The ball not being moved around properly was not because of Gay's presence. Just look at their last game against the Spurs. They were still meandering all the same. It has a lot more to do with the Casey's coaching than anything else. The guy is not very good.

And tanking is what disgusts me. You can want it, whatever. But I do not enjoy seeing the team throw in the towel. I do not like losing on purpose. And losing Gay obviously makes it easier to lose.

LOL! Kings are like 4-6 w/ rudy gay in the lineup

Raps are going to be 8 and 2 if they finish this game out against the PACERS!

He's a team cancer like I said. Not because he's a bad person, but because he's not a good team player. Guy just chucks.

Hibbert fouls out! GO RAPS GO WOOOT!!!

LOL! Kings are like 4-6 w/ rudy gay in the lineup

Raps are going to be 8 and 2 if they finish this game out against the PACERS!

He's a team cancer like I said. Not because he's a bad person, but because he's not a good team player. Guy just chucks.

Hibbert fouls out! GO RAPS GO WOOOT!!!

Lol. Why are you taunting me like I'm upset or something? What I didn't want to see was tanking. What was being talked about and speculated on by most in this thread was about the move towards a high draft picl.

What I wanted to see was the team be competitive. To win. To try an make the playoffs. Why the hell would I be upset at all this winning? I'm loving it. The team is playing with so much heart. That's all I can ask for.

Lol. Why are you taunting me like I'm upset or something? What I didn't want to see was tanking. What was being talked about and speculated on by most in this thread was about the move towards a high draft picl.

What I wanted to see was the team be competitive. To win. To try an make the playoffs. Why the hell would I be upset at all this winning? I'm loving it. The team is playing with so much heart. That's all I can ask for.

I still find it funny that you considered Rudy Gay a star/superstar player, and that the team would be better with him. Also, how his salary didn't matter to the team and that he's a closer that we need (or chip kelly said that)

We all want to see this team be competitive. We still don't have a REAL superstar. I believe Derozan can be a #2 guy, but we need a guy like CB4 again. it's just impossible to attain one. Unless we spend 25+million on Melo, but that's never happening and doesn't make sense.

I still find it funny that you considered Rudy Gay a star/superstar player, and that the team would be better with him. Also, how his salary didn't matter to the team and that he's a closer that we need (or chip kelly said that)

We all want to see this team be competitive. We still don't have a REAL superstar. I believe Derozan can be a #2 guy, but we need a guy like CB4 again. it's just impossible to attain one. Unless we spend 25+million on Melo, but that's never happening and doesn't make sense.

Melo=Rudy Gay

Much rather go after Deng. Much better team player and plays great within the system. You don't need a guy like Melo to be a competitive team. Chuckers no good.

No, not everyone wants to see this team competitive. I don't know if you've been following the tank heavy nature of a lot of the fanbase, but it was huge. A lot of them are still on it. People wanted to see this team lose to draft high. They saw trading Gay as a way to move towards that goal.

Obviously whatever the Raptors are doing now is working well for them. So I'm happy.

And for the record, Rudy Gay is not doing poorly on the Kings. They team is playing at a better winning percentage than before he arrived. He has had more than 20 points in 7 of his 10 games since arriving. And yesterday he helped power a late game comeback against the Kings. I'm a Kings fan second, so if it's a win-win trade, I'm obviously ecstatic.

Like I said, all I want to do is see them win. And when you make a move that the pro-tankers rejoice in, you get a response in kind. You should see how those pro-tankers are flipping out now though, lol.

No, not everyone wants to see this team competitive. I don't know if you've been following the tank heavy nature of a lot of the fanbase, but it was huge. A lot of them are still on it. People wanted to see this team lose to draft high. They saw trading Gay as a way to move towards that goal.

Obviously whatever the Raptors are doing now is working well for them. So I'm happy.

And for the record, Rudy Gay is not doing poorly on the Kings. They team is playing at a better winning percentage than before he arrived. He has had more than 20 points in 7 of his 10 games since arriving. And yesterday he helped power a late game comeback against the Kings. I'm a Kings fan second, so if it's a win-win trade, I'm obviously ecstatic.

Like I said, all I want to do is see them win. And when you make a move that the pro-tankers rejoice in, you get a response in kind. You should see how those pro-tankers are flipping out now though, lol.

Well, even the pro-tankers want to see this team competitive.. just by getting a top player and then being competitive later.

There's no turning back now. This team is going to go into the playoffs a top five team. Ujiri has found some of his pieces recently, and now it's just the search for the real superstar.

Evan Turner, Hayward, Stephenson, Monroe, Gasol, Randolph, Deng, Melo, Robinson, and Crawford are among some of the guys who might be available.

Turner is just finding his way now. Hayward wants a crap load of money apparently. If Lance wants the dollars, he'll leave. I strongly doubt it though. Monroe might go. Gasol is gonna be traded. Randolph is a question. Deng will probably leave. Melo's gone. Robinson is an energy guy we could target. Everyone loves Nate. Then there's Jamal Crawford if we fail to acquire Deng maybe.

Well, even the pro-tankers want to see this team competitive.. just by getting a top player and then being competitive later.

There's no turning back now. This team is going to go into the playoffs a top five team. Ujiri has found some of his pieces recently, and now it's just the search for the real superstar.

Evan Turner, Hayward, Stephenson, Monroe, Gasol, Randolph, Deng, Melo, Robinson, and Crawford are among some of the guys who might be available.

Turner is just finding his way now. Hayward wants a crap load of money apparently. If Lance wants the dollars, he'll leave. I strongly doubt it though. Monroe might go. Gasol is gonna be traded. Randolph is a question. Deng will probably leave. Melo's gone. Robinson is an energy guy we could target. Everyone loves Nate. Then there's Jamal Crawford if we fail to acquire Deng maybe.

Yeah, the pro tankers want to throw away entire seasons at a time, for a shot at a player who may help. That's what I call BS, and would still call out. I don't care how the new cap structure changes things, you play to win, and not stunting your team's competitive edge intentionally.

So happy that trade for Lowry fell through now, lol. The guy has been a beast.

Yeah, the pro tankers want to throw away entire seasons at a time, for a shot at a player who may help. That's what I call BS, and would still call out. I don't care how the new cap structure changes things, you play to win, and not stunting your team's competitive edge intentionally.

So happy that trade for Lowry fell through now, lol. The guy has been a beast.

Yes, and Gay didn't help this team win. Even at his caphit, you should be getting an efficient 45%, all around player who puts up 20+ points. Not a chucking 38% 18 5 guy like he was playing at this season. Remember that game where we took like 37 shots and only hit 11? That's gotta be more like 20/37 if you're chucking that much.

Lowry is a stud. I feel as if they have a good set up, but they need an elite SF/PF. An absolute dream would be to acquire Kevin Love next season. No chance in hell he's staying in Minny.

Archived