The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cya T-Mac and A.I., too bad neither of them managed to win a championship but their scoring highlights sure made the game fun to watch. T-Mac on the Magic and Rockets was pretty stellar, while A.I. also dominated in Philly and Denver.

Which of them would you rather have had on your team, when they were in their prime?

Cya T-Mac and A.I., too bad neither of them managed to win a championship but their scoring highlights sure made the game fun to watch. T-Mac on the Magic and Rockets was pretty stellar, while A.I. also dominated in Philly and Denver.

Which of them would you rather have had on your team, when they were in their prime?

AI

• 1 month later...

Wizards trade Emeka Okafor (injured) and a conditional 1st to Phoenix for Gortat, as well as Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, and Malcolm Lee but the latter 3 were included to balance out the cap and are expected to be waived after being acquired by Washington. Looks like Washington is done rebuilding.

My prediction for how the season will turn out

East:

1) Miami

2) Indiana

3) Chicago

4) Brooklyn

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Washington

8) Toronto

9) Detroit

10) Atlanta

11) Boston

12) Milwaukee

13) Orlando

14) Charlotte

15) Philadelphia

West:

1) OKC

2) San Antonio

3) Clippers

4) Warriors

5) Houston

6) Memphis

7) Denver

8) Lakers

9) Minnesota

10) Portland

11) Dallas

12) New Orleans

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

East:

1) Miami

2) Indiana

3) Chicago

4) Brooklyn

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Washington

8) Toronto

9) Detroit

10) Atlanta

11) Boston

12) Milwaukee

13) Orlando

14) Charlotte

15) Philadelphia

West:

1) OKC

2) San Antonio

3) Clippers

4) Warriors

5) Houston

6) Memphis

7) Denver

8) Lakers

9) Minnesota

10) Portland

11) Dallas

12) New Orleans

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

Looks about right to me. I would love to see a Miami-Cleveland first round though.

East:

1) Miami

2) Indiana

3) Chicago

4) Brooklyn

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Washington

8) Toronto

9) Detroit

10) Atlanta

11) Boston

12) Milwaukee

13) Orlando

14) Charlotte

15) Philadelphia

West:

1) OKC

2) San Antonio

3) Clippers

4) Warriors

5) Houston

6) Memphis

7) Denver

8) Lakers

9) Minnesota

10) Portland

11) Dallas

12) New Orleans

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

That's actually pretty accurate. Though the East is so top-heavy, after Miami, Brooklyn, Indiana and Chicago, it's pretty much fair game. NYK, Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta, Toronto, Boston could all by potential fringe playoff teams. The West is so loaded that you really don't know which teams are locks in terms of seeds. I'm really liking NO this year. Holiday is excellent on both ends of the court and a great on-ball defender, the Brow has gotten better as seen from his preseason play, so they won't be as bad defensively as they were last season. Gordon is looking healthy and Rivers is looking at a breakout year, they could have a pretty filthy starting 5: Holiday-Gordon-Tyreke-Anderson-Davis, and I see them pushing for a playoff spot. The Lakers fate depends on Kobe, if he's healthy and if he's still the same threat as before he went down. If not, Nash can't lead the team, Gasol is too soft and the pieces they brought in during the off season aren't exactly game changers. At least it's a deep draft year.

My take is:

East:

1) Miami

2) Indiana

3) Brooklyn

4) Chicago

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Detroit

8) Washington

9) Atlanta

10) Toronto

11) Boston

12) Milwaukee

13) Charlotte

14) Orlando

15) Philadelphia

West:

1) OKC

2) LAC

3) SA

4) Houston

5) Golden State

6) Memphis

7) Denver

8) Dallas

9) New Orleans

10) LAL

11) Minnesota

12) Portland

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

So stoked for this season. So many legitimate contenders now, Miami's run at a 3peat won't be easy

That's actually pretty accurate. Though the East is so top-heavy, after Miami, Brooklyn, Indiana and Chicago, it's pretty much fair game. NYK, Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta, Toronto, Boston could all by potential fringe playoff teams. The West is so loaded that you really don't know which teams are locks in terms of seeds. I'm really liking NO this year. Holiday is excellent on both ends of the court and a great on-ball defender, the Brow has gotten better as seen from his preseason play, so they won't be as bad defensively as they were last season. Gordon is looking healthy and Rivers is looking at a breakout year, they could have a pretty filthy starting 5: Holiday-Gordon-Tyreke-Anderson-Davis, and I see them pushing for a playoff spot. The Lakers fate depends on Kobe, if he's healthy and if he's still the same threat as before he went down. If not, Nash can't lead the team, Gasol is too soft and the pieces they brought in during the off season aren't exactly game changers. At least it's a deep draft year.

My take is:

East:

1) Miami

2) Indiana

3) Brooklyn

4) Chicago

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Detroit

8) Washington

9) Atlanta

10) Toronto

11) Boston

12) Milwaukee

13) Charlotte

14) Orlando

15) Philadelphia

West:

1) OKC

2) LAC

3) SA

4) Houston

5) Golden State

6) Memphis

7) Denver

8) Dallas

9) New Orleans

10) LAL

11) Minnesota

12) Portland

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

So stoked for this season. So many legitimate contenders now, Miami's run at a 3peat won't be easy

I pretty much agree with everything on this list, except I'd have minny higher than the lake show.

If Bynum can play 50+ games this year, I'd consider him a success lol!

Heat for the threepeat!

How do you guys watch NBA? I'm looking at schedules on sports channels and even the NBA channel, and it's utter trash. Nothing but Raptors games?

Is there any way to follow NON-Raptors teams in Canada? I'm looking primarily for Knicks games, but it seems like I can only see them when playing against the Raptors.

Any ideas?

How do you guys watch NBA? I'm looking at schedules on sports channels and even the NBA channel, and it's utter trash. Nothing but Raptors games?

Is there any way to follow NON-Raptors teams in Canada? I'm looking primarily for Knicks games, but it seems like I can only see them when playing against the Raptors.

Any ideas?

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm looking at the schedule this week for the west coast and it's Chicago @ Miami and Clippers @ Lakers on Tuesday (on SN360) and New York @ Chicago and Golden St @ Clippers on Thursday (on TSN).

Archived