The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

If you're at level 43, but only have 30 speech it would mean you probably still just started playing the game, and haven't sold much stuff.

Um nope, I just keep most of my stuff, My speech just seemed to be leveling slow,

Also anyone get the Lunar Forge to work? or does it not really work?

Does anyone else get incredibly frustrated seeing people loot all armour from corpses?

I stay around 130 carry weight at all times, and have money coming out my extremities.

nope my armour is half my weight any ways =/

Does anyone else get incredibly frustrated seeing people loot all armour from corpses?

I stay around 130 carry weight at all times, and have money coming out my extremities.

I do it all the time, and I've made a lot of money from it. I have about 420,000 gold, and none of it came from any exploitative sources (except occasionally selling the practice enchanted daggers I make). And even then, I have a lot of very expensive weapons, armour, jewels, and dragon bone/scales hoarded up.

It's the most common practice to make money in most every RPG, so I'm not sure how it offends you.

Um nope, I just keep most of my stuff, My speech just seemed to be leveling slow,

Also anyone get the Lunar Forge to work? or does it not really work?

Try looting all armour from corpses, along with other stuff you find but wouldn't want to keep, and sell it. You'll start to see your speech skill rise. It should reach around 50 really quickly, and slow down after that. If it's still at 30 you must really not be selling or buying anything.

I am lvl 36 and my general rule is to only pick up stuff to sell that has a 100 to 1 value to weight ratio or higher as I dont bother heading to town to sell until Im close to maxed out. Theres practically money falling from the skies in this game so looting everything isnt needed.

Help!

SPOILERS (Just a warning)

-

-

-

-

-

For the main quest, I am at the part where I have brought the Stormcloaks and the Empire to the greybeards to try and settle a truce. Problem is no matter what, The stormcloak want Markarth! I live in that city, I love that city and I hate the stormcloaks and I dont want them a part from that city. Do i have any other options?

Just bought the game today and so far has left a pretty good impression on me since I've never played elder scrolls or fallout before, my only problem (probably because I'm such a low level) is that it took me a long a** time to finish one quest! Also, is better to follow the main quest right away or should I level up first and then do the main quest?

Edit: What do you guys think the best race to be is, I used the Khajiit(sp?) since they kinda looked cool but I'm kind of regretting my choice since they aren't that good in magic.

Just bought the game today and so far has left a pretty good impression on me since I've never played elder scrolls or fallout before, my only problem (probably because I'm such a low level) is that it took me a long a** time to finish one quest! Also, is better to follow the main quest right away or should I level up first and then do the main quest?

I personally like to save the main quest because it makes me feel as though I still always have something major to do just waiting for me, so I usually play until I kill my 1st dragon so that they appear every where and then just go and do whatever quests come up/interest me. It is all just about going with the flow and doing whatever you feel like at the time.

Help!

-

-

-

-

-

For the main quest, I am at the part where I have brought the Stormcloaks and the Empire to the greybeards to try and settle a truce. Problem is no matter what, The stormcloak want Markarth! I live in that city, I love that city and I hate the stormcloaks and I dont want them a part from that city. Do i have any other options?

SPOILERS!!!

- It seems you have to give up the town. I tried every conversation option during the negotiation to push the deal through without it but none worked. Wasnt so bad as I was still able to access the town and my home there after paying down a small bounty.

For things to do: SPOILERS!!!!! (note the extra exclamation points) There are a couple main quest lines where you save the world a number of times or end the civil war but these are best left till later. I finished the main quest line at lvl 24 and realized it was a mistake to do it all so early. Theres plenty to do tho like become a vampire or a werewolf or a cannibal. (vampire and werewolf are curable and cannibal you can just stop eating people) As you run down any road in the game outside of towns when you see a path leading off the road if you take it it will take you to something to do, a fort or cave or ruins or whatever. You cant run very far without finding things to do but picking up quests in towns seems the easiest way to go about it.

Help!

-

-

-

-

-

Also (NO SPOILER)

Other than the main quest, I find the game quite boring. I have read there is a lot to do though. What else can I do in this game? What are some good side quests I can do? I dont want to get anyone pissed at me (like any of the cities).

What are some good quests where you have to deep down into dungeons and retrieve treasures? I am new to the Elder Scrolls. I never played any other one really. I have played Fallout though

At what point did you get this quest option? I played through the entire empire questline and was offered no such option. Is it because I killed Ulfric? Is there an option to negotiate a truce?

At what point did you get this quest option? I played through the entire empire questline and was offered no such option. Is it because I killed Ulfric? Is there an option to negotiate a truce?

I'm pretty sure that happens in the main quest, not the Imperial or Stormcloak ones.

There are no truces in the Stormcloak/Imperial questline. Whichever one you pick ends of taking over the other. This shouldn't be a spoiler to anyone either. Why else would they make you only pick one.

All I have done on the Imperial questline is just join the imperials. I have done the main storyline dealing with the dragon problem. And during the truce (which is only temporary) You need Ulfric alive. The leader of the Imperials needs to be alive as well

SPOILERS!!!

- It seems you have to give up the town. I tried every conversation option during the negotiation to push the deal through without it but none worked. Wasnt so bad as I was still able to access the town and my home there after paying down a small bounty.

For things to do: SPOILERS!!!!! (note the extra exclamation points) There are a couple main quest lines where you save the world a number of times or end the civil war but these are best left till later. I finished the main quest line at lvl 24 and realized it was a mistake to do it all so early. Theres plenty to do tho like become a vampire or a werewolf or a cannibal. (vampire and werewolf are curable and cannibal you can just stop eating people) As you run down any road in the game outside of towns when you see a path leading off the road if you take it it will take you to something to do, a fort or cave or ruins or whatever. You cant run very far without finding things to do but picking up quests in towns seems the easiest way to go about it.

Ok thanks! At this point in the game, I am around level 33. I have 100 smithing/enchanting because those 2 are very easy to level up. And thanks for the tip. For the 2 main quests (Main, and Imperial/Stormcloak) I am only at the 2nd mission for the Imperials (Stormcloaks dont hate me yet lol) and I havnt done the mainquest since I dont want to give up markarth. Ive just been doing whatever lol. Thanks for the advice. Ill save those two quests for last. Hopefully DLC comes out soon, but no date has even been announced, and when it does get announced it goes to xbox 360 first so I have to wait an extra month.

With enchanting I get an extra 160% weapon damage and 80% magic resistance, plus all my destruction spells have been reduced to zero cost to cast. Enchanting rocks!

I'm playing on master setting too and survive most situations

I legit have every single Enchanting perk. How do you get 160%? Im only at 100%

So I finally was able to transfer my game from that POS laptop, to my actual gaming one. It was hard to appreciate the beauty of it when the settings were set to absolute minimum. But having it now set to the maximum level, it's something else really. It's like a layer of smeared dirt that was covering the visuals has been removed. And the game's world looks a whole different kind of amazing.

And having to no longer play the game at a cripplingly awful frame rate goes a long ways in avoiding being killed as easily, so there's that, lol.

I enchant boots, necklace, gauntlets and ring with one handed enchantment, it stacks and each one is 40% weapon dmg. Plus the one handed perks give another 100% dmg to weapons. Now since i dual wield axes its about 280ish per swing.

Get the fortify smithing enchantment and apply it to those same apparel, except body armor instead of boots. You should be able to upgrade your weapons even more, even if you already have 100 smithing or legendary weapons.

Does anyone else do the assassins blade and shrouded gloves combo? Absolutely deadly with 30x damage

Get the fortify smithing enchantment and apply it to those same apparel, except body armor instead of boots. You should be able to upgrade your weapons even more, even if you already have 100 smithing or legendary weapons.

Does anyone else do the assassins blade and shrouded gloves combo? Absolutely deadly with 30x damage

I can sneak up on the dragons and 3 hit them one with x30 dam and 2 bow shots

I haven't tried this yet but can you I enchant them and enchant other armors with this effect ? Imagine x240 damage

Archived