The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

Thanks for your good wishes!

I have been thru a lot in my life, but this is the scariest! The 1st earthquake seemed to go on forever,

and the 1st few aftershocks were the same. Very, very scary!!!

I've been shaken and have been shaking ever since- it's been almost 12 hrs now!

Tonight I went down to a little bar in my neighbourhood that my friends run. slowly people trickled

in and we shared our stories, and together tried to make sense of the news, and released the stress.

I am on holiday now so I was at home following the game on Canucks.com (missed the 3rd and after). Many people had walked 2-3

hours from Eastern Tokyo.

It is horrific to see the devastation throughout much of Japan, and also to think of the spreading tsunami.

I need to go to bed- can still feel aftershocks.

It feels surreal to think of what those quakes felt like, and to see the effects!

Inside my apartment looks like a heap! I've got a huge cleaning job tomorrow.

Edited by Bieksa(not really)

pretty scary... worried about vancouver and California now... rumour we will have one of the worst quake ever here..

The waves won't be much more than a meter high at most in the sheltered waters of Georgia Straight and Burrard Inlet. (Thanks Vancouver Island for shielding us.)

Why does California matter more than anyplace else?

The waves won't be much more than a meter high at most in the sheltered waters of Georgia Straight and Burrard Inlet. (Thanks Vancouver Island for shielding us.)

Why does California matter more than anyplace else?

He means we're supposed to get a quake like that pretty soon.

Looongggg night

I couldn't for the life of me fall asleep after watching the live coverage

Apparently though they are saying that the strong Japanese building codes have saved a ton of lives because so many structures were able to withstand the shaking. That's great to hear.

Opportunities to donate have already been set up via Red Cross. Definitely something a lot of us will be doing I'm sure

Incredible devastation - first from the earthquake and then the tsunami - red areas hard hit:

6204601-2530267.jpg

Refinery fire:

6204879-2530280.jpg

6204879-2530289.jpg

Buildings flattened:

6204879-2530292.jpg

Airport flooded:

6204879-2530318.jpg

Train terminus:

6204879-2530296.jpg

Lots of water damage to property:

6204601-2530264.jpg

6204601-2530265.jpg

6204879-2530297.jpg

It's scary to think that those pictures could hold hundreds of dead bodies in them... :(