The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

An encouraging win.  When Toronto came back to tie it 2-2 I thought the Caps were going to lose.  But they responded very well.  Well done, boys!

One thing though - the Caps are an undisciplined team.  They lead the league in fouls committed.  That type of play is going to get them into unnecessary yellow/red card trouble as it almost did today.  They managed to deal with the sending off today but it just about cost them.

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Maybe the officials should too! I've never seen a league where officials get so intimidated by home town fans so often.

Maybe it all evens out?  As I recall, the Caps got a couple of undeserved penalty kicks early in the season.

In any event, another good reason for Caps fans to make a lot of noise.

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Jordon Smith looks like the real deal...he had a great game...every time he had the ball he controlled play.

He had a very good game.  I especially liked that run he made where he deked one player, did a sliding tackle through another player, and made a nice cross.

One thing, though:  every game he plays he seems to get a yellow card.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

He had a very good game.  I especially liked that run he made where he deked one player, did a sliding tackle through another player, and made a nice cross.

One thing, though:  every game he plays he seems to get a yellow card.

I think because he is a big guy and physical as well..he stands out more..but he really did look good today..some of those sliding tackles were textbook,,, first time I saw him play..I was impressed.

On 5/28/2016 at 5:27 PM, ShakyWalton said:

Jordon Smith looks like the real deal...he had a great game...every time he had the ball he controlled play.

I think it's the best game I've seen him play.

Being honest, I thought he'd been a bit of a liability to the team up to that point. He's got the tools, but seemed to be out of position an awful lot. Maybe his head is starting to catch up with his legs...

Luckily for JS, Kah was so terrible against the Timbers that Robbo really had no choice but to give him the start. 

Nice to see O.R. pot one yesterday, but once again, far too many missed opportunities. Houston is a team you need to take care of business with. Especially at home.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

I guess we'll see how much Robbo cares next Wednesday...

The Caps don't play a MSL match until June 18th when New England visits BC Place. No reason I can think of not to start the A team, but Robinson has a history of going through the motions in these types of competitions. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-06-18 at 4:21 PM, milk and honey said:

wow I don't think I have seen so many empty seats since whitecaps went into bc place.

BC Place was pretty packed after the game started, but at the kickoff it seems like 1/3 were empty seats.