The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I lol'd. Ref adds some extra, extra time to the clock because the Whitecaps were intentionally wasting down the clock, and Orlando looked ready to strike. Did that gift ever backfire.

Edited by g_bassi13

Just finished watching game on my PVR.

Wow. Rivero is the real deal. Just an unbelievable header.

Rodriguez is the real deal.

Waston is a beast and tower of strength in the middle.

Manneh still has a lot to learn and I'm disappointed in his play over the first three games.

Something has to be wrong with Morales. While he had a few nice through balls, overall once again didn't really stand out.

Kaká, even at 32, was the best player on the field and it was beautiful watching him almost glide around the field making young players look silly.

Overall, three games in and we still haven't played a complete team game but we have two road wins so there's little to complain about right now.

Edit: PS. Damn our uniforms both home and away are just so blah and boring.

Edited by MJDDawg

I actually really like the Whitecaps' jerseys. They look pretty elegant and subtle to me. They'd be my favourites if Houston and Kansas' weren't so damn awesome. They do still have my favourite logo in the league though. It says so much about the team name and city's identity without having to do much.

The ones I think look bad are Dallas'. Both of them. Also Toronto's new all red jersey. I thought the old one actually looked decent, but this new one is pretty bleh.

I agree with the article that there are too many teams adopting a white jersey. It does get terribly boring, even if it's not the team's primary.

That seems to be the opinion of Sports Illustrated, too, in their critique of every MLS uniform:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photos/2015/03/02/mls-jerseys-uniforms-kits-major-league-soccer/10

Thanks for that. It's a good analysis.

The Timbers' road kit and NYCFC home kit are the best ones in the league imo.

It is sad though how poor most of them seem. MLS really needs to take a page out of the Premiere League, Serie A and the Bundesliga books where striking jerseys and bold colours and patterns become iconic. Think Man U, Chelsea, Juventus...etc.

Honestly, I like that the VWFC kits are always subtle and simple. I personally find kits like Seattle's lime green and NYRB bulls to be a bit obnoxious. I kinda like Orlando City's too if they didn't have that stripe going across the bottom.

Honestly, I like that the VWFC kits are always subtle and simple. I personally find kits like Seattle's lime green and NYRB bulls to be a bit obnoxious. I kinda like Orlando City's too if they didn't have that stripe going across the bottom.

NYRB are corporate scum.

• Upvote 1

Agreed though. Considering the go to backup to him before him was Mattocks, this is a good move.

speaking of which..where is he these days?

I think they should just trade Mattocks and be done with it...when do all these strikers we have expect to play..maneh.Rivero.Mattocks..Hurtado and Earnshaw...there may be more.