The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Thanks a lot :)

We hope we can see more of him during the season even he´s is the supposed #8 or #9 Defender on his original team. So if guys like Zanon, Lundin and Stoner will return he could be send back to the Minors. I think he´s a pretty solid Defender and he looks better than some supposed top 6 Defenders in Minny. I hope he can keep it on. Contract extension expected.

Thanks a lot :)

We hope we can see more of him during the season even he´s is the supposed #8 or #9 Defender on his original team. So if guys like Zanon, Lundin and Stoner will return he could be send back to the Minors. I think he´s a pretty solid Defender and he looks better than some supposed top 6 Defenders in Minny. I hope he can keep it on. Contract extension expected.

51 points last night is a lot more than I originally had thought I was going to end up with. A few poor nights in a row and last night's middling effort are not enough to keep the Jets climbing back to where we belong in the standings. Hoping a return to Rogers Arena sparks some of my players, and would be nice to get some goaltending points sometime in the near future.... *cough*PLAYSCHNEIDER*cough*

51 points last night is a lot more than I originally had thought I was going to end up with. A few poor nights in a row and last night's middling effort are not enough to keep the Jets climbing back to where we belong in the standings. Hoping a return to Rogers Arena sparks some of my players, and would be nice to get some goaltending points sometime in the near future.... *cough*PLAYSCHNEIDER*cough*

Updated Conference Standings - Nov. 13, 2011

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

01. small.pngLos Angeles* - 1103

02. small.pngDetroit* - 1055

03. small.pngCalgary* - 1011

04. small.pngAnaheim - 1079

05. small.png Nashville - 1037

06. small.pngSt.Louis - 1008

07. small.pngWinnipeg - 995

08. small.pngEdmonton - 991

---------------------------------------------

09. small.pngVancouver - 973

10. small.pngColorado - 907

11. small.pngSan Jose - 827

12. small.pngDallas - 796

13. small.pngChicago - 683

14. small.pngMinnesota - 672

15. small.pngColumbus - 620

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

01. small.pngBuffalo* - 1253

02. small.pngNY Islanders* - 1120

03. small.pngPittsburgh* - 1082

04. small.pngNew Jersey - 1102

05. small.pngOttawa - 1004

06. small.pngBoston - 985

07. small.pngFlorida - 969

08. 2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 927

---------------------------------------------

09. small.pngMontreal - 906

10. small.pngWashington - 898

11. small.pngNY Rangers - 892

12. small.pngPhiladelphia - 828

13. small.png Toronto - 818

14. small.pngTampa Bay - 748

15. small.pngCarolina - 666

* denotes division leaders

From TSN.ca's Ice Chips:

Defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky suffered a broken finger on his right hand on Friday. Surgery will not be required but Visnovsky is expected to be out approximately four weeks.

I wonder if this means Kurtis Foster gets to play more consistently. I still don't get how they could continually scratch him. :huh:

Resized to 71% (was 990 x 100) - Click image to enlarge

1011_Pens-GreatDay.jpg

News:

Trade News

The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to welcome Clarke MacArthur, Luca Sbisa, and Duncan Siemens to Pittsburgh and would like to thank Braydon and David for their services while here.

This trade is to be considered a message to the fans, the coaching staff, and especially the players, that medocrity will be met with movement out of this organization.

Clarke has been brought in to shore up scoring on the 2nd and 3rd lines, depending on where coaching staff utilizes him best. He has the ability to put up a lot of numbers if motivated and surrounded by talent. We hope his transition to Pittsburgh will provide him with both those elements.

Luca Sbisa, a former 1st round draft pick(19th - 2008) is a defenceman that GM Sharpshooter has long coveted and been after. In fact he was one player that the organization never stopped pursuing from the begining of the Off Season, and even though it took longer than we thought, the Penguins are quite satisfied and overjoyed to finally acquire this defenceman whose skating, vision and ability are undeniable and long sought after. Luca will immediately find himself in the top 4 and will no doubt be a top pairing defenceman as he matures. This kid is a bonafide elite skater with plenty of offencive upside and will not be leaving Pittsburgh for a very long time.

Duncan Siemens, a recent 1st round draft pick(11th - 2011) is a talented defenceman in his own right and Pittsburgh believes that Duncan isn't just an all around defencive type player. We believe he is the complete player that we have been looking for, for our future d-corps. Duncan is big, confident, agile, versatile, hostile. He can play in all situation, be it 5 on 5, on the powerplay, or in a penalty kill situation. He is the complete package. Duncan can log an amazing amount of minutes and has often played 30 minutes in a game in the CHL. He gets it done at both ends of the ice, as we came to see last year with his 43 points, +40 rating and 121 PIM while playing for the Saskatoon Blades. Duncan has the ability to be a top pairing defenceman as well, and provides a great deal of defencive depth for Pittsburgh, along with their other defencive prospects.

GM Sharpshooter has positioned this team for the present and for the future and now expects the players to go out there and play to their potential on the main roster and develop their game if they're in Wilkes Barre/Scranton.

GM Sharpshooter may not be quite done yet in making moves.

PittsburghPenguinsLogoButton.gif Updated Main Roster PittsburghPenguinsLogoButton.gif

Taylor Hall - Steven Stamkos - Evgeni Malkin

Teddy Purcell - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jaromir Jagr

Clarke MacArthur - Sean Couturier - Dustin Penner

Zenon Konopka - Torrey Mitchell - Matt Read

Kimmo Timonen - Carlo Colaiacovo

Sheldon Souray - Luca Sbisa

Grant Clitsome - Mark Eaton

Ryan Button

Semyon Varlamov

Thomas Greiss

LTIR - Kim Johsson, Antero Niittymaki

logo_ahl_PA_penguins.png Wilkes Barre/Scranton Lineup logo_ahl_PA_penguins.png