The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Should be. And I agree they should be. But they aren't, according to the NHL rulebook.

What Lucic did was just ridiculous. Extending his arms and following through on Millers head when he hit him... that's nonsense. I remember when Hordichuk hit Turco, and everyone who wasn't a Canuck fan was up in arms. Now that a Bruin does it, it's all part of the game? All Hordichuk did was deliver a solid bodycheck into the boards. Oh, and Turco still had the puck. Lucic plows through Miller after the puck is gone, and follows through. The two instances are not comparable. Lucic deserves to have a hearing, and given that he showed absolutely no attempt to avoid contact, in fact, made sure he got as much contact as he could and followed through, he deserves to sit a few games. Intent to injure? Well, you can't prove it, but watching how he ran Miller, followed through and then reacted immediately afterward, it sure seems like it.

Lucic is getting the hearing now because the Bruins have a few days off and Shanahan and co. took some time to go over it beforehand. If Boston played tomorrow, you can bet Lucic would have had his hearing today. That's happened before, it has nothing do to with the injury.

C2X, don't forget that sword your holding, the one made up of 8 active canucks and mayray on LTIR...that sword has two edges...and with one game between now and Sunday for nine of your roster players that back edge is about to make a few nicks and scratches!

If you're under the impression that sword is my only weapon, you sir are sadly mistaken. ;)

OH SO NOT THE CASE! If you look at the replay in slow motion you wil see Miller get rid of the puck and somewhat "brace" himself with his shoulder as Lucic hits him square in the shoulder and spins him around. He did extend his arms but they didnt hit Miller or affect the hit itself. It looked worse then it was. As Miller spun around, his mask went flying and it looked like he was toast. He got up right away and was not injured. You could have that hit happen once a night and it would be called differently each night. Thats the way the game is. Lucic went in a straight line from the blueline in and Miller who played the puck didnt move. Miller was well outside the paint which is fair game in my opinion! The league does so much to protect the goalies in their creases...ie: the goal on Quick that they didnt count, that as soon as you wonder to play a puck you can subject to anything that comes at you. Goalies all know that. And for Miller to cry after the game, well he's just a bitch! And ya Lucic has 50lbs on Miller but Miller should have known better when playing the puck like that against a team like the Bruins.

[RUMOR]

Trade winds are blowing in Minnesota. GM wallstreetamigo is reportedly looking for a shakeup to jump start his team, which has lagged in the standings so far this season.

"There are a few moves we would obviously like to make if possible. Depth all around is a key. A 2nd line center and a top pairing offensive dman. Acquiring these kinds of players is not easy though and takes patience. There are 29 other GM's who either want to acquire the same calibre of player or who have those players and aren't eager to give them up for obvious reasons. Any trades we make are not an indictment of an individual player but are a message to the team that I believe we are not a bottom 5 team in this league with the talent we have."

happy days in San Jose of CDCGML land...

Hagman claimed off waivers by the Ducks baby!! yeah!!

even better news: they don't play till Wednesday!

EDIT: this keeps getting better the more I read...

"2011/11/14: The Anaheim Ducks have claimed Niklas Hagman on re-entry waivers. Calgary will still be responsible for half of Hagman's remaining $3 million cap hit. This could be a great opportunity for Hagman to rebound, as there's been an opening on the Ducks' second line ever since Jason Blake suffered a wrist injury. We don't know yet what Hagman's role with Anaheim will be, but we will keep a close eye on this situation"

second line opening eh? Finns rock!! Soumi Line!!!! DO IT.

Archived