The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

5 THINGS< SAN JOSE ADDITION

1 new sherrif in town, welcome Jared Boll, collecting 5 points in your first night on the roster.

2 friends for him to play with; Shawn THornton and Adam Burish both sit in the top 15 for penalty minutes leaguewide

3 Players in the top 90 for points in the NHL

4 Players on LTIR who will all be back with a vengence!

5 guys about to break the 50 fantasy point barrier, and an unlikely group at that!

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

Central Division Standings:

small.pngDetroit - 1074

small.png Nashville - 1054

small.pngSt.Louis - 1035

small.pngChicago - 693

small.pngColumbus - 625

Northwest Division Standings:

small.pngWinnipeg - 1039

small.pngVancouver - 1016

small.pngCalgary - 1015

small.pngEdmonton - 1004

small.pngMinnesota - 686

Pacific Division Standings:

small.pngAnaheim - 1086

small.pngLos Angeles - 1105

small.pngColorado - 945

small.pngSan Jose - 846

small.pngDallas - 803

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

Atlantic Division Standings:

small.pngNew Jersey - 1131

small.pngNY Islanders - 1120

small.pngBoston - 1004

small.pngNY Rangers - 897

small.pngPhiladelphia - 843

Northeast Division Standings:

small.pngBuffalo - 1274

small.pngOttawa - 1024

2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 953

small.pngMontreal - 931

small.png Toronto - 822

Southeast Division Standings:

small.pngPittsburgh - 1098

small.pngFlorida - 994

small.pngWashington - 905

small.pngTampa Bay - 757

small.pngCarolina - 670

Of course he won't. He is a Bruin.

lol "lack of intent" says Shanahan......I'm sorry man, but at least come up with a realistic reason. Can anyone really say his intention was not to absolutely hammer Miller there?

nice message to the players there. Running over other goalies to injure them in order to gain an advantage is an acceptable and legal tactic in the NHL now. I hope someone absolutely rocks Thomas and then for good measure rocks Rask when he replaces him.

OH SO NOT THE CASE! If you look at the replay in slow motion you wil see Miller get rid of the puck and somewhat "brace" himself with his shoulder as Lucic hits him square in the shoulder and spins him around. He did extend his arms but they didnt hit Miller or affect the hit itself. It looked worse then it was. As Miller spun around, his mask went flying and it looked like he was toast. He got up right away and was not injured. You could have that hit happen once a night and it would be called differently each night. Thats the way the game is. Lucic went in a straight line from the blueline in and Miller who played the puck didnt move. Miller was well outside the paint which is fair game in my opinion! The league does so much to protect the goalies in their creases...ie: the goal on Quick that they didnt count, that as soon as you wonder to play a puck you can subject to anything that comes at you. Goalies all know that. And for Miller to cry after the game, well he's just a bitch! And ya Lucic has 50lbs on Miller but Miller should have known better when playing the puck like that against a team like the Bruins.

I just see two disturbing, almost competing trends in the NHL right now..((and i wont even get started on punishing the injury and not the illegal act))

Trend One: A failure by the league to protect goaltenders, to the extent that the league intimated it was going to try to do.

Trend Two: Teams and players 'embellishing' 'acting' 'putting an oscar performance in' et cetera both on ice actions and in taking players out of the game for possibly longer than necessary, cough, reimer, cough, crosby....((no proof, just a gut feeling))

I just see two disturbing, almost competing trends in the NHL right now..((and i wont even get started on punishing the injury and not the illegal act))

Trend One: A failure by the league to protect goaltenders, to the extent that the league intimated it was going to try to do.

Trend Two: Teams and players 'embellishing' 'acting' 'putting an oscar performance in' et cetera both on ice actions and in taking players out of the game for possibly longer than necessary, cough, reimer, cough, crosby....((no proof, just a gut feeling))

Concussions are real injuries....Crosby suffered compounding ones and Reimer has a history with them as well. They're not acting or faking or being held out on purpose.....pro athletes, especially hockey players wouldn't allow themselves to be handled that way. Players want to play, even through concussions.

You should avoid listening to your gut.

Concussions are real injuries....Crosby suffered compounding ones and Reimer has a history with them as well. They're not acting or faking or being held out on purpose.....pro athletes, especially hockey players wouldn't allow themselves to be handled that way. Players want to play, even through concussions.

You should avoid listening to your gut.

I would also say that with the potential danger of being seen to be circumventing the salary cap by extending an injury beyond its natural timeline would discourage teams from doing this.

LTIR eligibility of a player can be medically challenged by the league at any time. And the penalties are pretty much whatever Bettman decides they will be.

Archived