The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

we´ll see...untill all those injuries the leafs was the most surprising team besides the oilers and well the stars. if they are full strenght..they could easily make the playoffs this year i guess. but the season is still long

I disagree. Surprising for sure, but mostly because nobody expected them to be where they were, hence, surprising.

But lets face it, the Leafs were playing over their heads (sorry Ovechkinator). They've made some strides in the right direction and definitely could be in the mix down the stretch, and might even squeak into the playoffs as a #7 or #8 seed. But easily make the playoffs? I don't think so.

The Leafs need an awful lot to go right, and almost nothing to go wrong, for the rest of the season if they're going to hold a playoff spot. Possible, but unlikely.

I disagree. Surprising for sure, but mostly because nobody expected them to be where they were, hence, surprising.

But lets face it, the Leafs were playing over their heads (sorry Ovechkinator). They've made some strides in the right direction and definitely could be in the mix down the stretch, and might even squeak into the playoffs as a #7 or #8 seed. But easily make the playoffs? I don't think so.

The Leafs need an awful lot to go right, and almost nothing to go wrong, for the rest of the season if they're going to hold a playoff spot. Possible, but unlikely.

Problems? Are you kidding me? Did Savage have problems with Hogan? This kind of rivalry spawned 'money in the bank'. (*yes i am full of wrestling analogies today)

edit: one fight ten points...I wish they could throw knucks every day!

edit: 14 points and 7 players still to come! Bring it on!

That analogy would be mildly humorous if it was at all accurate. :P

San Jose welcomes Ros Olesz and assign him to the Saskatoon Tigers HCL. ((we have an out of character question regarding minor league salaries: A little over 20% of the season days are gone now, so having acquired him today, do I only have 80% of his salary sitting on my minor league salary cap, or is it the whole 3.125m?)) In any event, he is welcome into our organization and we hope to see him in the big show relatively soon.

Full salary. Pro-rating the numbers for players on active rosters is work enough for the moment. :P

Someone PMed me a question a few days ago, and I feel it may be beneficial to have the answer posted in the thread for everyone to see. Some details have been edited for privacy's sake.

Question: A team currently has 3 natural centers playing on his top 3 RW positions. None of which have W or RW eligibility listed. Just wondering how much leeway we are allowed with positions on our rosters and at what point there is a punishment (if at all) and what it would be.

Answer: Having a center play wing, or players on their off-wing, isn't really a huge concern, though it's not preferable. However, were the GM were to make a free agent offer to a center, and the player sees 6 or 7 centers already, it's unlikely the player would be interested in joining that team.

Having defencemen playing forward, or vice versa, or wingers at center, is the more problematic situation. If you have a center you want to play on the wing, that's okay.

Its great to have these little guidances, and I like the idea you floated of a FAQ with answers to questions like this as a sort of cheat sheet to the tricky parts of the game.

I assume, and maybe you could further clarify, that minor encumbrances like this would also stack. For instance, in your example of a center not wanting to go as a FA to a team with 6 or 7 centers already. Is it safe to assume that when one of those centers is re-negotiating his contract with the team, that not playing his natural position would be a negative towards re-signing, and also that perhaps being on the CDCGML teams 3rd line when his real life spot is a 2nd liner would also be a negative. I can see where one could be overlooked by a player, but stacking negatives would quickly become bigger negs than individual ones...what are your thoughts on this C2X?

Correct.

I'm quite surprised by the lack of action I have been getting in this league. I thought that as the only agent without a team to worry about, I'd have all 30 teams coming to me with contract offers, but only one team apparently ever sends in his contract offers to me. just sayin, my phones are open boys, just gotta call :P

I'm quite surprised by the lack of action I have been getting in this league. I thought that as the only agent without a team to worry about, I'd have all 30 teams coming to me with contract offers, but only one team apparently ever sends in his contract offers to me. just sayin, my phones are open boys, just gotta call :P

Yeah I can't wait untill The new year either, I'm going to enjoy taking all of your players to Free Agency MUHAHAHAHAHAHA jkj, but seriously, should be fun for me :P

GMs can start contract extension negotiations on January 1st. I'm sure you'll get hit with an avalanche around then :P

Archived