The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Blues News

While most of our Players are Golfing , Goalie Ben Scrivens is still pretty Active in the AHL and running for the Calder Cup Throphy.

He´s leading the the Goalie List ( i dont count Janus as 1st with just 4 Games Played) with 9 Wins and 2 Shutouts in 11 Games. A GAA of 1,81 and a SV% of 0,937 speaking for themself.

This makes us confident that Ben will see more NHL Icetime next Season.

We hope that he will reach the Finals and Win them

:)

The New York Rangers front office staff confirm that the team has committed a minimum of 8 million dollars of its 35 million fund for Medical/Training facilities for the 2012-2013 season. Previously the team has committed at least 14 million to its Minor league budget for the coming year.

This represents 22 million in spending announcements so far, involving the 2012-2013 season. More announcements are expected to be made closer to the deadline for setting the Front Office Budget for the year.

I am going to be out of town basically all summer. I'm leaving June 6th, and I'll be back in the middle of August. Any one that wants to negotiate any deals with me should do so sooner than later cause I have no clue if/when I will have any intenet access.

vancouver-province-logo.jpg

It's no secret that Vancouver GM, Cal and Gary has been extremely busy these past couple of weeks as another flurry of trades involving said Canucks was announced this morning by the league's head offices. "We had a lot of holes on our roster going into this particular offseason and it's my duty as the general manager to try and find a way to fill those holes. A lot of tough decisions were made over the past couple of weeks that may come back to bite us in the behind. We gave up a lot of high upside guys in some of these deals," said Cal and Gary.

The first trade involved dealing Max Pacioretty, who looks to be a player who has all the tools to be a consistent 30 goal scorer in this league, to the Oilers for defensive stalwart: Brent Seabrook. "Looking at the free agent class in terms of defensemen this summer, there wasn't anyone who really stood out to us as the perfect complementary guy on our second pairing with Voynov. When Seabrook was made available, it was a deal I had to make. It was a difficult deal because I think Max Pacioretty is going to be one hell of a scorer, but at the end of the day, we had no one on our present roster that could potentially step up and play in a top 4 role on our blueline this season." Along with Seabrook, came restricted free agent Trevor Lewis. "We like his speed, work ethic, and believe that he has the ability to score some goals for us as well. He's going to be a staple for us on our bottom 6 going forward."

Probably one of the more shocking trades that was made by the Canucks was dealing Jakub Voracek to the Sabres. "We had no intent on dealing Voracek going into the offseason; however, my policy as a GM is to listen on any player because sometimes their offer can surprise you as it did in this instance. Andy McDonald gives us a veteran presence and fills a massive hole at our second center position and we still feel that he can produce fairly consistently in this league. The two prospects we received in this deal as well are two players that we are very high on. Jared Knight has the upside of a 30-30 guy who's also a tenacious forechecker. Those types of players are rare within itself and rarely become available in trade. The only way to acquire those types of players is basically through drafting and developing them within your organization. Peter Holland is also a guy we've had our eye on for quite some time: love his size and strength and has one hell of a shot that will make him a great scorer in this league very soon."

When the Vancouver Canucks acquired Seabrook, it was obvious that they had one too many blueliners on the roster and one of them had to go, John Moore was the defenseman that was traded, along with prospect Brian Dumoulin for third line center Nick Spaling and prospect Christian Thomas. "We've been after Spaling for quite some time now and are glad that we were finally able to acquire him," said Cal and Gary. Nick Spaling plays a two-way game that Vancouver's scouts absolutely love and they truly believe that he'll grow into one of the best shutdown centers in due time. Along with Spaling, Vancouver was able to acquire Christian Thomas: a small forward who plays an aggressive type of game with great offensive instincts. Thomas will have to bulk up and prove that he won't be easy to knock off the puck before he's ready for the NHL; something that the Vancouver scouts believe he'll be able to accomplish soon.

"When Sami Salo became available, the fact that we didn't have to give up any of our prospects or a roster player became very attractive for us. We felt that Sami was the perfect finishing piece to our defensive core and the perfect defensive partner for young rookie Justin Schultz to mentor and help him develop into the consummate professional going forward," said Cal and Gary.

"When I traded away Pacioretty, a whole opened up on the left wing and we were extremely intrigued and aggressive when we found out that Milan Michalek was made available for the right price," said Cal and Gary. Going into the offseason, Vancouver knew that they had to trade one of their goaltending prospects, Hackett or Lack, believing that it was only fair for their development that they get as much playing time as possible while the other doesn't have to sit. "We were quite fortunate that Hackett was highly coveted by the Florida organization, which made this deal much smoother in terms of the negotiation process. Involving Blum and Schroeder was not easy, but through our previous deals of acquiring both veteran Sami Salo and prospect Peter Holland, while having Colborne as well, we believed that we could afford to give these players up in the deal," replied Cal and Gary.

After all these trades, are the Vancouver Canucks done? "No, we're not done yet. While we've successfully accomplished filling our biggest holes on our roster, we still would like to add another top 6 center so that Skinner can play the wing and we'd like to add a third line right winger to compliment Gustav and Nick," said Cal and Gary.

"Our goal is to consistently compete for the Stanley Cup. We feel that going into next year, we're in a much better position than we were going into last year. We're really close," said Cal and Gary. Upon looking at the depth chart Vancouver's fans and media can't agree that GM Cal and Gary's statement isn't a far stretch at all.

interesting one...poor milan is going from team to team now????

this gives florida a hugh goalie depth though..crawford,theodore,hackett is not that bad

nice to see ya back CON

Vancouver Canucks Updated Depth Chart

James Van Riemsdyk - Jeff Skinner - Kyle Okposo

Milan Michalek - Andy McDonald - Alex Steen

Gustav Nyquist - Nick Spaling - Matt Martin

Andrew Brunette - Trevor Lewis - Eric Tangradi

Zdeno Chara - Alex Pietrangelo

Brent Seabrook - Slava Voynov

Sami Salo - Justin Schultz

Jonas Hiller

Eddie Lack

Chicago Wolves Updated Depth Chart