A: Brazil, Croatia, Cameroon, Mexico

B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan

D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea

Poor England, getting stuck with two of the biggest diving, flopping, walking-wounded nations like Uruguay and Italy.

Uruguay has a few good players, but they are one injury or poor performance from being a very average squad, and could concede a fair bit. I have faith in England, as the old guard will finally be pushed out. (I hope)

Lucky Brazil getting placed as they did.

Edited by GLASSJAW

Poor England, getting stuck with two of the biggest diving, flopping, walking-wounded nations like Uruguay and Italy.

Uruguay has a few good players, but they are one injury or poor performance from being a very average squad, and could concede a fair bit. I have faith in England, as the old guard will finally be pushed out. (I hope)

Lucky Brazil getting placed as they did.

Hoping England can get revenge for the Euros.

No of course not...I was just joking.

They have a good chance in getting out of the group stages though. Or at least, that's what I think.

Belgium is a real dark horse in this World Cup. They have a lot of young talent in Hazard, Kompany, Courtois, Lukaku, Benteke, Fellaini and others. Korea isn't as talented as they were in the past but that being said it's kind of a toss up between them and Russia for that second spot but I do see Russia advancing with Belgium. We'll just have to wait and see, there are always surprises :) Edited by Malkin Cookies

England and Italy should be worried about the 1st game in Manaus. it´s unbeliaveble hot there! how they will deal with an extreme hot and wet weather?

this will be their main problem...

Though it is never as hot as in South America, Italian weather has history of being very hot as well. As well, last year's confederations gave the team a bit of a sample size of what to expect. But you're very right. Two teams that generally aren't accustomed to such weather will make the game even tougher.

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=23328&cityname=Manaus-Amazonas-Brazil&units=metric

Manaus_aerial_view.jpg

where the city and the jungle meet each other...

Satellite_picture_of_the_Amazon_River.jpg

and I mean it!

Manaus_centro2011.jpg

it´s night BUT it´s still hot...

considering:

1) the confeeration cup was done in Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Recife, Fortaleza and São Paulo...

Belo Horizonte has a mild weather, São Paulo is cold and Rio de Janeiro is hot but with some temperature decrease at night...

Salvador, Recife and Fortaleza are hot but windy so you don´t feel overheated...

but Manaus no. it´s hot like hell and doesn´t wind! it´s damm hot at 1AM and it´s mega hot at 2PM. Italia may be hot in summer but nothing compared with Manaus...

2) Manaus is wet because it´s located in the middle of the jungle, so it´s hot and wet all the time. how England and Italy will deal with this thing?

Edited by aeromotacanucks

Ok, i'm never going to live past 40. These Dortmund-games are killing me (and the incredibly bad referee). Incredible

€: decent reaction:

i'm not sure whether to be happy that we got to the second round with all these crucial injuries or be sad that we missed the chance of being uefa cup champions -_-

Edited by infinitecarnage

• 3 weeks later...

Lewandowski to Bayern in July, kind of a shame I wish he would transfer to the Prem instead. Much like Spain and France the German league is only a 2-3 team race each year.

I'm sure Dortmund diehards are going to have a fun time watching Lewandowski rip up the Bundesliga even more playing on arguably the best club in the entire world.