The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Totally agree that midfield was a huge problem last season. Blind was not the answer as a replacement for Carrick, and playing Rooney there doesn't work at all. However Vidic has never been replaced and without a better C/B we will be going nowhere. Jones and Donkey Evans are not good enough (Smalling however did improve a lot).

Would still like a proper goalscorer up front... Hopefully Roo can find his scoring boots. (All the title contenders has 2 or 3 players capable of getting well into double figures, so I find that a concern)

Can utd win the league next season...not sure, but we will be a lot stronger and I don't expect us to be out classed by the likes of Swansea next season.

Will fight it out with City and Arsenal to be main challengers to Chelsea

Looks like Liverpool are on the verge of signing Benteke. There were strong reports this morning that United were going to swoop in and sign him. Either way it appears LFC have had to activate his release clause because of it. 32.5 million is a lot for him, but another striker was needed. Now how about another CB...

Exactly. I think DDG is the 3rd best GK in the world. His ability to make game saving saves is above Courtois, but Courtois is taller and has the flexibility of a cat with A class positioning. DDG has him beat on reactions imo. That one is an opinion for me. I don't mind it when people argue DDG being better, because it's an argument to be made.

I just think that unless United add another game breaking offensive player to replace ADM, and an awesome CB (which they are), they'll still be behind Chelsea.

If City get De Bruyne, I'm scared about their front four - very scared. Best in England. They will score goals and a lot of them. But they won't have addressed their back line. Hart needs protection. He's inconsistent. Toure isn't the player he was two or three years ago. His legs are not willing to run up and down tracking back. They haven't addressed that yet. Will mangala get his crap together? Who knows. They have to give him a shot and hope he does. Fernandinho is not very good. I made a mistake and put him ahead of Coquelin, which is absolutely wrong. Slipped my mind. Fernando did not show what he showed at Porto prior.

Arsenal don't have a striker. They will do nothing.

What if City got Pogba and KDB, would you be more scared? (it's a rumor I keep hearing)

Also I don't really know why you don't rate Fernandinho, he's much more reliable than Yaya. Hart could use a bit more protection, but considering that he won the golden glove and people still think he can be better says a lot. Also on your rating not sure why you picked Cliche, Kolarov is probably a more complete LB and rated higher than Cliche.

Arsenal must add a striker, imo.

Giroud is fine, I'd argue even underrated by many, but for some games when link-up doesn't work, that's when Arsenal are vulnerable because they don't have a quality attacker that can come in and make the difference.

lacazette or benzema pls.

Was hoping there was going to be a viable replacement. We'll see how this one pans out. :)

Schweinsteiger brought nothing to Bayern last season.

Him and Xabi were a train wreck together.

Looks like Vidal is heading to Munich, hell of a replacement for Bastian.

Great signing for Bayern, but I don't understand this from Vidal's perspective. Juve are trending upwards, have a more historic past, made it to the champions league final last year and are overall better (my opinion) than Bayern.

Schweinsteiger brought nothing to Bayern last season.

Him and Xabi were a train wreck together.

Well, Xabi was quite overrated, but Schweinie was never the same after the WC, and especially after the retard MLS team did a number on him in their friendly. I still remember seeing Pep fuming pissed, and I can't blame him.

Edited by Mr. Ambien