The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

You know everyone was saying United will have problems in the back with the lack of quality defenders but so far that isn't the case. We haven't allowed a goal in the prem but instead our problems are upfront. We have scored 2 goals so far in 3 matches and and one of them was an own goal. It's just not good enough to be title contenders. When I think of our teams in the past we have always had that one player that strikes fear into the opponent like Cantona, the duo of Yorke and Cole, Ronaldo and young Rooney. We don't have that anymore. Rooney doesn't do that anymore because he doesn't have the pace and while i think Memphis will be that player in a few seasons, he isn't there right now either. If you look at the top teams in the prem they have those game changing players that strike fear in you. City have Aguero and Silva, Chelsea have Hazard and Costa and then Arsenal... nvm. In all seriousness, before this transfer window ends United need to buy a player like that who can be a game changer and put the ball in the back of the net because without that we don't have a chance to win the title imo.

• Upvote 2

^ absolutely agree with everything you said. We have a net spend of only £8M this window. Woody go out and get someone, stop trying with these transfer that wont happen eg. Muller, Bale. Would love for us to get Griezmann who could play as the striker and allow Rooney to move to no. 10 were I believe he still has some use to us.

If we fail to sign a forward this window I will be massively dissapointed in LvG and Woodword. It obvious what this team is missing is a finisher.

Edited by I R Baboon

You know everyone was saying United will have problems in the back with the lack of quality defenders but so far that isn't the case. We haven't allowed a goal in the prem but instead our problems are upfront. We have scored 2 goals so far in 3 matches and and one of them was an own goal. It's just not good enough to be title contenders. When I think of our teams in the past we have always had that one player that strikes fear into the opponent like Cantona, the duo of Yorke and Cole, Ronaldo and young Rooney. We don't have that anymore. Rooney doesn't do that anymore because he doesn't have the pace and while i think Memphis will be that player in a few seasons, he isn't there right now either. If you look at the top teams in the prem they have those game changing players that strike fear in you. City have Aguero and Silva, Chelsea have Hazard and Costa and then Arsenal... nvm. In all seriousness, before this transfer window ends United need to buy a player like that who can be a game changer and put the ball in the back of the net because without that we don't have a chance to win the title imo.

don't forget

121660.jpg

That red card against Terry was bull.

I thought it was bang on. Terry pulled him back, stopped a goalscoring opportunity. His behaviour after being sent off was a disgrace too. Thank God he doesn't wear the Three Lions anymore. The guy is a thug.

City played okay for the 1st half against Everton, second half sounds like it was better. The power went out here so I missed it. :(

I thought City looked excellent. Clear title favourites thus far.

City played okay for the 1st half against Everton, second half sounds like it was better. The power went out here so I missed it. :(

Its hurts me to say this as a United fan, but you guys looked fantastic. Couple dodgy moments at the back but you held them out. If you guys get KDB the race wont even be close.