The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

When he came to the NASL it was a real coup...smooth midfielder and field general..part of the Dutch invasion in 1979 with Dutch National Johan Neeskens.

Cruyff was voted European Footballer of the Century in 1999...true legend..RIP

Him and Alan Ball at Empire Stadium in 1979  the year the Whitecaps won the Championship.....

Whitecaps%2079%20Home%20Alan%20Ball%20Az

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, johngould21 said:

He was brought over to play for the White Caps, when all of those teams thought they had money. That team did not jell all season, and they had some great "names" on the roster.

I think that was Rudy Krol.  Cruyff never played for the Caps but he did spend one season at each of LA and Washington.

So hungover from last night lol.

...just watched the England vs Germany pvr. Kane and Vardy are so sexy upfront. This should spell the end for Rooney but still wouldn't be surprised if he's starting somewhere. Even if Vardy doesn't score, his pace and worth ethic is great for pressing. England look a totally different team with him on. 

So refreshing seeing world class plays and build up from England. Haven't seen that it forever. It's clear we can't defend so might as well play. I personally would like to see a front 3 of Sturridge/Kane/Vardy. If Hodgson fracks up and starts Rooney, only place I can see him playing is behind two strikers. 

PS Chicharito is bae <3

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

Martin Demichelis has been charge with violating FA rule E8 which is about betting. The MEN are reporting it doesn't have anything to do with City Matches but it makes you wonder. A leading rumour is that it is about Pep coming to City, that he leaked the news and forced City to make an announcement.