The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Ronaldo out of the match right before. Prior he was cleared to play. Guess just taking the conservative approach.

..boring game...can see the impact Ronaldo has. Madrid's offensive power is just confused and lost without him. He makes it click and work.

Disappointed with James Rodriguez expected him to be a starter and difference maker but he seems lost in the shuffle and probably needs a chance elsewhere do you think Real sells him to United like they did with Di Maria?

46 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Happy with the draw. Wasn't City's best but hope they can get some rest  and win next week.

If CR7 is fit I think Real will win for sure. Benz is nicked too though so hopefully he is ready to go close to 100 percent next week. Delicate balance still in the running for La Liga title with Atletico and Barca and Ensuring a Champions League Finals appearance.

11 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Disappointed with James Rodriguez expected him to be a starter and difference maker but he seems lost in the shuffle and probably needs a chance elsewhere do you think Real sells him to United like they did with Di Maria?

Depends on the price tag tbh. Could definitely use a guy with the skill set of Rodriguez.

10 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If CR7 is fit I think Real will win for sure. Benz is nicked too though so hopefully he is ready to go close to 100 percent next week. Delicate balance still in the running for La Liga title with Atletico and Barca and Ensuring a Champions League Finals appearance.

I don't know, I don't think he's been that deadly against City, when he played for the other Manchester side. City are in much the same place having to balance getting at least 4th in the league -match Sun. and then Weds in Spain.  The loss of Silva really hurt us, imo may have been able to get a goal or 2 with KDB in the middle.

:mellow: Crap just realized I'm likely gonna miss next week's match due to work or I may be out of town on a short littke vacay. Prolly have to catch the highlights.

Always conflicting for me when I have to travel or go to some party or social function and have to miss a big sporting event or game.

On 25/04/2016 at 11:09 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

Not finishing above a team with 3 losses is a colossal failure?

I get the context of it but no way.  Say it about Arsenal, United, City, or Chelsea since all were considered title contenders at the beginning of the season but the other ones are don't make sense.  Spurs are probably just happy to reach the top 4 for once.  West Ham and Soton are probably just happy not to have regressed and have a chance to challenge for a Europa spot.  

It is. The supposed big teams should have inflicted far more losses on a team like Leicester.

EPL I predict Newcaste to stay up with Norwich and Sunderland joining Aston Villa going down. 

Championship promotion will be interesting with Burnley (+33gd) in first and Middlesbrough (+30gd) in second and Brighton (+28gd) in third and all on 87 points with two games remaining. Burnley plays at home to Queens Park and on the Road at Charlton. QPR have been better since the coaching change, but Burnley should beat them and Charlton. Boro play at Birmingham for the next match which could be a tough game for Boro to take all three points. Brighton play their next game at home to Derby which will also be tricky for Brighton to win. The final game for Boro and Brighton will be against each other at Middlesborough, so either one, or both will drop points. So, I think Burnley will win the league and one of the unlucky others are headed to the playoffs. 

The playoffs in the championship will be either Middlesborough, or Brighton against either Derby, Shef Wed, or Cardiff. Hull will play either Derby, or Shef Wed. 

17 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Hummels to Bayern.

You know. Sometimes, I friggin hate football. :angry:

At least he and Gotze had some sort of reason to go to Bayern.  Lewandowski was unacceptable (and in the way he did it too)

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

At least he and Gotze had some sort of reason to go to Bayern.  Lewandowski was unacceptable (and in the way he did it too)

They all had reasons. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone. Most Dortmund fans view those departures quite the opposite, because Götze told media just weeks before his transfer was announced that he could imagine retiring at Dortmund. And Hummels was our emotional leader for the last couple of years. He wasn't on good terms with Götze's decision, either. Had something to say about Götze taking the easy way out. Now he's taking it himself.

In the end, it's just a job for all of them. As in hockey, as in every other professional sport, it's all about money and success. Doesn't mean it's not like a kick in the nuts every time something like that happens.

• Upvote 1