The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

England's midfield is so poor. It's literally Carrrick and the rest just plugs. Really going to miss the presence of Lampard and Gerrard.

Lampard and Gerrard never worked well together.

Hodgson said recently that Wilshere and Carrick will challenge eachother for the DM spot, but he would also consider changing the formation to fit them both. Honestly, I'm not sure that's a bad idea if you could have a couple of attackers wide. I honestly have no idea how defensively responsible they are, but maybe Sterling on the left and Sturridge or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right, depending on who is healthy, etc.? Rooney in a #10 spot down the middle, since we know he CAN be defensively responsible when he wants to be.

like this:

R2adaZY.jpg

Edited by GLASSJAW

Lampard and Gerrard never worked well together.

Hodgson said recently that Wilshere and Carrick will challenge eachother for the DM spot, but he would also consider changing the formation to fit them both. Honestly, I'm not sure that's a bad idea if you could have a couple of attackers wide. I honestly have no idea how defensively responsible they are, but maybe Sterling on the left and Sturridge or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right, depending on who is healthy, etc.? Rooney in a #10 spot down the middle, since we know he CAN be defensively responsible when he wants to be.

like this:

R2adaZY.jpg

What bout Phil Jones at fullback /sarcasm

Anyone else see Reus with another injury. Absolutely blows my mind how someone with his talents could be so prone to injury. I honestly believe he's on par with Neymar, Bale and Hazard and might be better than Hazard when in form.

Anyone else see Reus with another injury. Absolutely blows my mind how someone with his talents could be so prone to injury. I honestly believe he's on par with Neymar, Bale and Hazard and might be better than Hazard when in form.

We're used to it by now. Have seen him in only a few DFB matches over the last couple years.

Didn't realize this weekend is a double header.

The Dutch are in big trouble now. Assuming things stay as they are they're 8 points behind Iceland who are now guaranteed qualification and 6 points behind the Czechs. If they lose to Turkey they're essentially out (of a guaranteed spot. They can still make a playoff).

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

The Dutch are in big trouble now. Assuming things stay as they are they're 8 points behind Iceland who are now guaranteed qualification and 6 points behind the Czechs. If they lose to Turkey they're essentially out.

Good.

I love to see something new in international competition.

Plus I want to see Cech play.

Götze looking back to form -- nearly a hat trick if he didn't hit the post. All Bayern players score in the Germany v. Poland match. :lol: Almost wasn't.. Hummels was robbed. Neuer covered his own screw-up by saving a sure goal by Lewandowski.

Schweinie looking a step or two behind, some key passes he needed to make were very bad.

Hector and Bellarabi very impressive too.

Does anyone know how much Utd are actually paying for Martial? Sun is reporting that it'll be 36 million plus 7.6 million each for 3 clauses. One for scoring 25 goals, one for 25 int'l caps, and one for winning a ballon d'or in the next 4 years. If Utd pay the full 57.6 Million pounds I won't be mad.

Does anyone know how much Utd are actually paying for Martial? Sun is reporting that it'll be 36 million plus 7.6 million each for 3 clauses. One for scoring 25 goals, one for 25 int'l caps, and one for winning a ballon d'or in the next 4 years. If Utd pay the full 57.6 Million pounds I won't be mad.

Clarifications on the Anthony Martial transfer details:

- Utd pay £21m upfront

- Additional 4 payments of approx £3.5m each = full amount/total cost of £36m for Martial

- To reach the full £58m is dependent on Martial being a top league scorer 3 times, winning the golden boy, and ballon d'or.

...so as of now, Utd have only paid £36m. Pretty fair price looking at it with the full details.

If it ever reaches the point we pay the full £58m, it will be worth it as it'll be evident Martial is exceeding expectations.