The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I've yet to remember any 2nd game at a major tournament when Italy did well.

Even in 2006, they tied USA.

I'm hoping for a win, but I can realistically see a draw against Sweden.  Just don't lose.

Wasn't convincing and perhaps a draw is the most fair result, but great effort from Eder to send us to the R16.

Not overly impressed with the time wasting and corner flag tactics at the end.  I understand why, and perhaps that's the best course of action, but I feel we're a way bigger country and team to have to resort to that.

Defence is looking A1 thus far and that's the important thing.

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Wasn't convincing and perhaps a draw is the most fair result, but great effort from Eder to send us to the R16.

Not overly impressed with the time wasting and corner flag tactics at the end.  I understand why, and perhaps that's the best course of action, but I feel we're a way bigger country and team to have to resort to that.

Defence is looking A1 thus far and that's the important thing.

Don't forget the missed penalty in the last seconds of the game. 

i missed the first half but was not impressed with either team in the second. 

4 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

Don't forget the missed penalty in the last seconds of the game. 

i missed the first half but was not impressed with either team in the second. 

I think that was 50/50.

Bonucci or whoever didn't get all of the ball but I think 6'4 Granqvist isn't made out of straw to go down that easily.  Maybe another ref calls it but I think it was the right call, bias aside.

5 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I think that was 50/50.

Bonucci or whoever didn't get all of the ball but I think 6'4 Granqvist isn't made out of straw to go down that easily.  Maybe another ref calls it but I think it was the right call, bias aside.

The way Italy was doing all game, lol, how much glass did you break with that stone you just threw?

Just now, canuckster19 said:

The way Italy was doing all game, lol, how much glass did you break with that stone you just threw?

Enough to break the window between the group stage and the round of 16 :P

All players will go down at times, but I think, given the score and circumstances of the game, he did his part to go down and try to win a penalty.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Enough to break the window between the group stage and the round of 16 :P

All players will go down at times, but I think, given the score and circumstances of the game, he did his part to go down and try to win a penalty.

The handful of sweater alone should have been a penalty. 

Italy is painful to watch to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Wow, TSN.  Can't watch football because you greedy little.... decided to put Euro games on their premium channels and put GOLF on their main.  What.  The.  Flying...

Just watch on TSN.ca 

I only have TSN 1 on shaw but for some reason I can watch all 5 channels online.