The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Latest news is UTD have offered Ronaldo a 2 year Contract to come back to Old Trafford...

Bring it on... 

Forwards at Utd would be Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Martial...

Add Pogba and Fernandes to feed them and that is some goal treat going forward....

Next season just got a lot more interesting. Shirt alone sales should pay for his 2 year deal, and not a bad player for Greenwood and Sancho to learn from... maybe even Rashford. It like Xmas time again for td supporters....

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, Beary Sweet said:

CR7 wants out of Juventus. Is a reunion with United in the works?::D

Wow who would’ve thunk it would’ve happened.. so happy for CR7 and United. This is definitely an early Christmas present for us United fans. We’re deep throughout the squad now. Midfield could use another player or two but other than that, we’re set to finally challenge for PL, CL and other competitions. 

Defence: Shaw, Telles, Maguire, Varane, Bailly, Wan Bissaka, Dalot 

Midfield: McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Fernandes, Van de Beek, Matic

Forwards: Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood, Elanga, Shoretire, Ronaldo

The battle of Manchester just got interesting

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

So TSN has La Liga rights but today’s games aren’t even been shown and Sportsnet hasn’t been showing all bundesliga games live, they’ll show some later in the day…disappointing..

TSN streams most of the games.  Today's games are being streamed.

Accessing the games can be a bit tricky.  Instructions for logging in are here:

https://www.tsn.ca/how-to-login-to-tsn-ca-via-tv-service-provider-1.1158957

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Watching Liverpool/Chelsea on NBC

I'm okay with a red card.

I'm okay with a penalty kick.

But I really disagree with penalizing a player/team with a red card AND giving the opposing team a penalty kick.  It's overkill.

If you're going to give the penalty kick (which, most of the time, will result in a goal), then give the offending player a yellow card.

I know the ref was enforcing the rules.  Change the rules!

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Arsenal lose 5-0 to City Today

Three games.  Three losses.  And zero goals scored.   Remarkable.

They play Norwich and Burnley in their next two games.   If they don't win both I suspect Arteta is gone.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Champions League draw was made this week:

image.thumb.png.49dcc808d6d5ae10d23e79b8fceb7c7b.png

Since Arsenal was inexplicably excluded from the tournament, I think I'll follow PSG.  I hope they hold onto Mbappe.  That should be a fun team to watch.

Will slim Ronaldo (not to be confused with round Ronaldo) be playing for Man U in this tournament?  

14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Champions League draw was made this week:

image.thumb.png.49dcc808d6d5ae10d23e79b8fceb7c7b.png

Since Arsenal was inexplicably excluded from the tournament, I think I'll follow PSG.  I hope they hold onto Mbappe.  That should be a fun team to watch.

Dortmund and Real Madrid have the easiest group. Group A is probably the group of death. Anyways, should be a very exciting Champions League. Go United!

on another note, Messi on bench for PSG in their 4th league match of the early campaign. Excited to him hit the pitch in his potential 1st appearance for PSG

On 8/27/2021 at 4:45 PM, Lil B From The Pack said:

Okay, This Is Epic 

For half a million dollars a week I would sure hope he scores enough!

Great to see for United they need to be back at the top of the table where they belong going for trophies competing against the best clubs in England and the world.

• Like 1