The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Could you explain what the coaches do though? Your previous coach said they don't do anything. If that's the case, is there a point to them at all?

Personally the coach system would be pretty cool since there is a "Jack Adams" award. With that being said, I think we would all make a better decision on whether we want coaches if we knew their purpose

As much as I want to vote coaches on, I feel it may leave some teams with a disadvantage with newer or inexperienced coaches.

I would be in favour of it, for example if each coach had an equal amount of benefits (lets say, 5 points)

For example,

Dale Hunter - 5 points

+4 defence

+1 goaltending

Alain Vigneault - 5 points

+2 defence

+2 offence

+1 goaltending

In no way would these be the actual characteristics of the coaches, but I that each coach should be able to bring equal amounts of benefits (although different among coaches)

The one thing I am worried about, and I am sure many other GMs would feel the same way, if coaches were to be rated the following way.

Ken Hitchcock

+3 Defence

+1 Offence

+3 Goaltending

+1 Special Teams

Tom Renney

+1 Offence

Some teams would be at an extreme disadvantage in coaching, and in a sim game, everything counts.

As much as I want to vote coaches on, I feel it may leave some teams with a disadvantage with newer or inexperienced coaches.

I would be in favour of it, for example if each coach had an equal amount of benefits (lets say, 5 points)

For example,

Dale Hunter - 5 points

+4 defence

+1 goaltending

Alain Vigneault - 5 points

+2 defence

+2 offence

+1 goaltending

In no way would these be the actual characteristics of the coaches, but I that each coach should be able to bring equal amounts of benefits (although different among coaches)

The one thing I am worried about, and I am sure many other GMs would feel the same way, if coaches were to be rated the following way.

Ken Hitchcock

+3 Defence

+1 Offence

+3 Goaltending

+1 Special Teams

Tom Renney

+1 Offence

Some teams would be at an extreme disadvantage in coaching, and in a sim game, everything counts.

Archived