The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

Florida with a huge win over Ole Miss, Gators back into the top 25. Wish I had Espn. That TCU Texas game was a massive blowout, TCU got 30points in the firsr quarter alone lol. Man Texas has fallen.

Florida with a huge win over Ole Miss, Gators back into the top 25. Wish I had Espn. That TCU Texas game was a massive blowout, TCU got 30points in the firsr quarter alone lol. Man Texas has fallen.

The Big 12 is down to 3 teams Sooners, frogs, and bears. TCU is by far the team to beat in that conference.

Upsets are a brewing. Good day so far, too bad Maryland cant hold off Ohio St. Texas leading Oklahoma. Lets go Gators, Missouri plays them well, wish it was on tv instead of Texas Christian vs. Kansas St. Lolz

Upsets are a brewing. Good day so far, too bad Maryland cant hold off Ohio St. Texas leading Oklahoma. Lets go Gators, Missouri plays them well, wish it was on tv instead of Texas Christian vs. Kansas St. Lolz

Pen state university will walk into Ohio State and scare the living piss out of them. I see an epic upset brewing. Maybe it will finally be the game that the highly touted Hackenberg finally has that game that puts him on the map.

Michigan is for real, they have 3 consecutive shutouts!!!! I don't care who you are playing that's impressive. They have a showdown with Mich State next week I believe, that will be the game of the big 10 this season.

What a brutal day in sports yesterday...

Leos and 'Nucks both blow leads and lose, Mets can't hold off the Dodgers and somehow we lose to the fricken Longhorns! :mad: In the red River Rivalry game, no less.... :wacko:

If it wasn't for the Cubbies and the Netherlands finally winning a Euro qualifying match, yesterday would have been a total wash.

Is it just me? I know the quantity of players from the NCAA is there. But the quality isn't as strong?

Hard to say, but I know I was really disappointed with the Sooners' tackling yesterday. No way should a top 20 team get run on like that by a 1 and 4 offense...

Is it just me? I know the quantity of players from the NCAA is there. But the quality isn't as strong?

It depends what school and what division. The college football game is entirely different. It's fast, and every single game means something. Even a single loss can end your championship aspirations.

I have spent a lot of time in the USA and the one thing I observed while I was over there was people care more about their college team then their NFL team.

The NFL is popular because of Fantacy leagues and gambling so outside of the city the team plays the excitement drops like a rock. College is more state wide. philly and Pittsburgh both love their Nittany Lions for example.

As a result the college game has more passion on the field because every game is a playoff game and everyone in the stands is highly passionate about their team. Most players come out of college and play infront of crowds that are less than half of what they played infront of in college, and not nearly as loud.

If you are a fan of the game, college football is the purest form of football. The speed, the effort, the big plays, the rivalries, it's intense. Not one of these guys are millionaires either which is nice.

So to answer your question, the NFL has far more talented players per team, but you will see far more effort and urgency in college. It's like NFL playoff football all year. It's the most addictive league in the world.

• Upvote 1

That's what I love about college ball. The FCS has what? like 120 teams. Every week in college ball there is record being broken, a blowout, a epic comeback, and a mega upset. Following College ball can be daunting for sure that's why I just stick with the SEC and Florida. I'll watch more college ball than the NFL that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just looking at the NCAA rankings and it looks like the Big 12 is slowly taking over from the SEC as the best conference in college ball. Bears and Cowboys both in the top 10 (How strange does that sound?) and the Frogs and Sooners both top 15.

Meanwhile, I see the Hawkeyes in the top 10. Have they been lurking around there all season?

Just looking at the NCAA rankings and it looks like the Big 12 is slowly taking over from the SEC as the best conference in college ball. Bears and Cowboys both in the top 10 (How strange does that sound?) and the Frogs and Sooners both top 15.

Meanwhile, I see the Hawkeyes in the top 10. Have they been lurking around there all season?

I actually thought the big 12 got the big shaft.

OSU cowboys are undefeated, beating a TCU team that hasn't lost a regular season game in god knows how long. 

Baylor, undefeated the most dynamic offence in college football 

Both ranked behind a 1 loss ND team. 

Absolutely outrageous. 

ND is not better than Baylor and OSU. They aren't even in a conference. It's garbage.  

Huge win over Baylor for my Sooners....If not for that brutal showing against the Longhorns at the RRR, we might be in the conversation for #1:( 

Meanwhile, Stanford loses to the Ducks and LSU is knocked off by the Razorbacks. At least my boys should be moving up this week! (I really thought the Cowboys were going to lose to Iowa State too)

• Upvote 1

On November 15, 2015 at 6:50:55 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Huge win over Baylor for my Sooners....If not for that brutal showing against the Longhorns at the RRR, we might be in the conversation for #1:( 

Meanwhile, Stanford loses to the Ducks and LSU is knocked off by the Razorbacks. At least my boys should be moving up this week! (I really thought the Cowboys were going to lose to Iowa State too)

Big week for the big 12, I think OU is the best team in the big 12, it's too bad the Longhorns ruined their season. I don't know why but the playoff committee has no love for the big 12. The have a ACC team at  #1 when that is the joke of all power 5 conferences. 

Id go 

1. Big 10 (hate to say it)

2. SEC

3. Big 12

4. Pac 12

5. ACC.