The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

What a game. 2 games that kept me on my ass for most of the day. Alabama had no urgency when it counted.

Well, Ohio State and Oregon will be great.

Who would have guessed a Pac 12 vs big ten national championship? This plain and simply would not be possible without the playoff format.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Couldn't have gone much better for me...

Two teams that I despise done and finally a true Championship game. Hats off to the Buckeyes for getting it done with their third-string QB, but that's likely the last time I'll ever cheer for them.

Lets go Ducks! Close the deal.

• Upvote 1

I don't follow college football much, but how come Mariota has such a good rating yet he isn't considered a franchise type QB coming out of college?

There's no way a sane team takes Winston over Mariota though - the antics are just too much IMO, especially in a year where the Ray Rice thing blew up. I don't see a team taking the risk on a guy who already had a sexual assault charge in one of his many off the field BS over a poster boy like Marcus.

I don't follow college football much, but how come Mariota has such a good rating yet he isn't considered a franchise type QB coming out of college?

There's no way a sane team takes Winston over Mariota though - the antics are just too much IMO, especially in a year where the Ray Rice thing blew up. I don't see a team taking the risk on a guy who already had a sexual assault charge in one of his many off the field BS over a poster boy like Marcus.

QB's are a strange animal when it comes to NFL transition. 2 seasons ago Collin Klein from Kansas St was nominated for the Hiezman and was never even drafted or signed for a tryout. As much as I hate Winston he is a big accurate pocket passer. He also runs an offence that requires him to make decisions on the field.

Marcus Mariota is not as accurate of a pocket passer and runs an almost mechanical offence. His decisions are usually already made before the ball is snapped, although his ability to throw the ball on the run is elite.

Can Mariota run a NFL style offence? I think so, one could argue that it's probably easier then the offence he is running. Can Jameis Winston? Yes, FSU runs a very NFL style offence so there is no assumptions.

Also Tampa Bay, FSU, the Florida thing.

You do make a great point about Ray Rice and the latest rash of NFL abuse.