The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

The Ducks offense wasn't there today to match Ohio's. The chances were there with turnovers, but they couldn't get TDs. If the Ducks defense wasn't turning the ball over, they were getting lit up for TDs.

Great game by Ohio State.

Also think this does hurt his draft stock a little, puts Winston at par or better. Regardless I'm not convinced he'll even enter the draft.

That would be a mistake I think. Look at what happened with Winston and Manziel they won the Heisman trophy and the following year didn't play as well and both players stock took a hit.

Now you could say that is more because of off the field issues but still is coming back for another year to try to get a national championship really going to boost his draft stock that much more?

He did everything he could this year almost. Graduated with a degree, won best college qb for the season along with best college player. So he didn't get the trifecta with the national championship big deal.

If I am his agent I am telling him to not risk coming back and getting hurt and declare. Even with the national championship game in the minds of people he is still a top 10 lock.

For selfish reasons I hope if people are that dumb and base his season off of one game and he slides in the draft because teams don't think he is intense enough or "too nice" or is a one system qb Philly would gladly trade up to take him if he makes it out of the top 10 somehow.

I have no doubt if he was the qb for the Eagles offence they would be at another level and with the addition of another fast deep threat receiver would be virtually unstoppable.

Edited by Chip Kelly

By the way did seeing that Cardale Jones play remind people of Cam Newton when he was at Auburn playing against Oregon in the National Championship? I could of sworn I saw a ton of similarities in his game demeanor, arm strength, throwing motion, power running style....

Could he be a future Heisman finalist?

By the way did seeing that Cardale Jones play remind people of Cam Newton when he was at Auburn playing against Oregon in the National Championship? I could of sworn I saw a ton of similarities in his game demeanor, arm strength, throwing motion, power running style....

Could he be a future Heisman finalist?

He sure didn't look like a third-stringer....

Although I was disappointed at the loss, Ohio State is far preferable to me over 'Bama and FSU. Even though they clearly outplayed the Ducks, I still have to wonder what might have happened if not for those two early 3rd down drops...

He sure didn't look like a third-stringer....

Although I was disappointed at the loss, Ohio State is far preferable to me over 'Bama and FSU. Even though they clearly outplayed the Ducks, I still have to wonder what might have happened if not for those two early 3rd down drops...

Cheering for the Ducks is an uwful like cheering for the nucks, so close to greatness on a few occasions but just always seem to fall short. Those drops will haunt my dreams forever.