The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Henrik Have The Heart Of A Champion?

MJDDawg

As far as Henrik goes, and even though I'm against fighting, all it would take is for him to drop the gloves just once - even if he loses outright in 10 seconds, that would send a huge message to his team mates that Henrik is mad as hell and isn't going to take it anymore.

That's just embarrassing!  Both Dan and Hank were right there and when Burrows comes in, they turn their backs and go to the bench.  They both saw what was developing and disappeared leaving their team short-handed in the scrum.  Other teams (and their fans) will watch this and it just adds fuel to the fire aabout how much abuse you can lay on these guys. That has to be demoralizing!!

The Question "does Hank have the heart of a champ?"

Thats a no brainer NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

He has awsome talent and skill but no balls!!!!!

He continuously deaks players and goalies out of their shorts then.............................................

Hendrik to Daniel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Just shoot it man

As for being tough in the corners or standing up for himself or others(which by the way is what a Captain is suposed to do) he is a ghost, non-existent, he might as well have just stayed home!

That is why Bieksa or Kes should be Captain, skill combined with pure tenacity(typo) they wear their hearts on their sleves!!!

Go ahead and disagree if you like but this is just one man's opinion!

enjoy the game tonight everyone or not depending on which team shows up!

Wrong. The Twins were actually doing the right thing. Had they stayed on the ice, the rest of the teammates on the ice will have to worry about them getting beaten up. So with them going to the bench, at least guys like Burrows and KB3 can focus on their own fights and not have to worry about the Sedins getting bullied. Let's face it, the Twins have zero ability to defend themselves when push come to shove, in this case, the best option for them and the team is to have them leave the scrum.

That's just embarrassing!  Both Dan and Hank were right there and when Burrows comes in, they turn their backs and go to the bench.  They both saw what was developing and disappeared leaving their team short-handed in the scrum.  Other teams (and their fans) will watch this and it just adds fuel to the fire aabout how much abuse you can lay on these guys. That has to be demoralizing!!

Canucks fans doesn't deserve players like Sedins when they act like they do.

Questioning his toughness, love for the game etc. You should be ashamed of yourself. Criticizing your players when they do something wrong? Fine. But starting to label them as things? You don't do that to star players.

Understand your rationale but disagree with your conclusions. Starting a scuffle and then heading for the hills is not leadership.

Can you see Shane Doan heading to the bench after an altercation like that?! How about Iginla? Toews? Chara? Crosby? Even ALfreddson who is older and equally as valuable to Ottawa as the twins are to us stands up for himself and stays in the fray.

What you are saying is that it's okay for the Sedins to consider their safety above their teammates who have to risk their health or TOI to protect the Sedins.

Wow! I'd really like to follow a leader like that into battle!!

If Kesler continued to mature a bit more, I wouldn't be opposed to him getting the 'C' eventually. But for now, I'd say we stick with Hank. And like someone said, how he acts to the media is likely very different than how he deals with his teammates in the locker room and on the ice.

I somewhat agree. I absolutely love having them on my team. Can you imagine if Burkey had managed to snag the twins before they re-signed here? But Henrik did not seem to fully comprehend the full role of the Captaincy when he took it on. There are times when it is imperative that he go out of his comfort zone. It seems like the C is just another patch on his sweater. Maybe they don't fight in Swedish hockey but when they signed to play in the NHL for the big bucks, they had to know what they were signing up for. And accepting the Captaincy includes doing a lot of things you may have not done before, because like it or not, you are the face of the team, and that face has to lose a tooth now and again. I'm not saying he has to become a goon, but pick your battles. Even if he has to manufacture "hate", pretending he is angry and punching back is sometimes necessary not for himself, but for the mentality of the team. It disturbs me that he cannot understand that.

Three leaders mentioned already that were not known for fighting, but stood up when the time was right.

Sakic

Yzerman

Gretzky

Kesler is more of a natural leader, I think. But he has a lot of maturation to do. Until then, I think Henrik should be the captain because he's a classy, mature character and he deserves it.

Skip to 8:06

Shows you why he's the captain, spoken like a true gentleman and leader. In fact, the one team that the Canucks got really emotional against was the Bruins, look what happened there.

The Canucks are at their best when they harness their emotions, that's the game they play. Cool, collected, under control. Henrik's captaincy exemplifies that. Of course, Lidstrom doesn't get guff for being the exact same type of captain because he's already won. IMO, once he hoists the Cup, people will see what a great captain Henrik is.

Archived