The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Woman Beaten To Death In Hate Crime (California) - She Died On March 24Th 2012

Super19

I think everyone is misunderstanding the "you are not a christian, you are not a Muslim" comment, a critique of people who are mobilized by a false understanding of religion to combat or assault another person because of their religion. I.E. the argument that Westboro Baptist Church is not Christianity, because to act with some disrespect/regard is against the Christian faith, or that Suicide Bombers aren't muslims, because they oppose the intention of the Qur'an.

Atheists that get upset and think "well, she is implying that only atheists kill people, or that all killers or atheists" are missing the point.

No, she quite clearly meant that if you love God then you are non-violent. If you are violent it is because you are without religion. All killers are either atheists or people who claim to love God but do not. All religious people are peaceful and non-violent.

This is in error.

They should be treated in kind.

My only objection to capital punishment is the possibility that you may get the wrong person or that there may have been some miscarriage of justice, not for some misguided sense of self righteousness nor notion that they "are humans too". In principle, I have no problem seeing them fry, and my only thoughts when I hear of an execution for this kind of crime is "I hope they got the right person".

Heck, people who would do this kind of thing should do the right thing just for once and kill themselves instead. I fully encourage them to. I'd even help if there were no legal ramifications for it.

That doesn't make any sense. If somebody rapes someone else, you're going to rape them to prove raping is wrong? How hypocritical can you be?

I have no problem with stiffer sentences/less comfortable jail time if the crime warrants it, but to prove something is wrong by doing that very thing is ridiculous.

Unbelievable. This is just unbelievable, its 2012 and we're still seeing hate crimes? Seeing her daughters interview was heartbreaking. How she could even control herself to the slightest on camera shows she has enough strength to speak out to these animals who did this. In Islam, it tells us to pray 5 times a day and as a muslim, I do. Not only to a pray to god, but I pray for my entire family, I pray for my friends, I pray for everyone in the world who is having problems and today I will especially pray for this family. Why would I pray for a family I don't even know or who doesn't know me? Just to feel that I gave them a little bit of help and a little bit of strength to get through this terrible time.

stop trying to make this into something it's not. I know you also love your beliefs and want to protect them but what she said was not meant to be offensive to you, as an atheist individual. i've already responded to you regarding that.

and she clearly means that someone who brutally attacks and ends up killing a mother of 5 is less than an animal. Not an atheist or agnostic is less than an animal for being an atheist or agnostic.

So if someone who has mental issues, or had a childhood of sexual abuse, and years of being beaten, kills, or beats and rapes a woman, should have that done to them, hmm?

Such a barbaric, ridiculous way that would halt the success of the human race to deal with things.

Crimes aren't always as black and white as you think they are.

Hope you don't have kids, because he might just end up being a bully in high school. Might end up giving a kid a black eye. And by your standards, you'll be giving your kid a black eye.

animals do not choose to do things , they do not have the ability to reason ,they act on instinct . despite what they say about dolphins being sentient , i believe that human being's are the only lifeforms on this planet wich can choose to act in a certain way , and the choice's we make , define who we are .

Archived