The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scoring Touch---- Concerns Me.

tan

I won't be worried about the scoring unless it carries over into the playoffs, playoffs were never really in question for us so I feel that the players may not be giving it their all. I just have a good feeling about our players and their ability to step it up when it matters. Kassian in the Buffalo game showed that when he wants to he has another gear. Booth and Kesler will also be huge as they have that game-breaking ability.

I agree with everyone pretty much. They need to start scoring. Of course not having your top player this season hurts big time, hurts any team to lose your top scorer. (with exception of the Pittsburgh Penguins) Losing your top player will not help. Our scoring has been down since Mid February, and it feels like watching the 2007 version of the Vancouer Canucks were we relied on Defence and goaltending to win our games cause we weren't an offensive team. Ya know, not gonna complain after winning 4 straight, but man..... 2 goals scored in the past 2 games, we need to start scoring or else it's going to be tough playoff for us.

Tan pushing the panic button again!!! Weren't you the same person who was so concern with February road schedule???? It was 06/07 season not the year after and then again look at the roster Nonis gave Av to worked with back then , Even Scotty Bowman couldn't get enough out that offense. AV did a great job with that team that was made up with an aging core group and a bunch of plugs. So you can't compare that team to this team.

Yes our offense is struggling so is Boston, and Detroit

I don't know if we are watching the same NHL game.

in the last 17 games, Bruins scored 55 goals. Detroit scored 52 goals.

they are equivalent to 3.x ish goals per game which is very reasonable as first tier teams. THEY ARE NOT STRUGGLING.

.Do you know for sure that Av isn't expermenting with Line up changes or PP units since we can no longer finish below 2 nd in the west. You think the playoffs will be more offensive hockey???

Well, last year SFC, Bruins scored total 23 goals in 7 games ( 3.3 goals per game) vs we scored 8 goals total.

so you tell me, is it more offensive hockey winning the cup or what?????

Here you are telling us Luongo can't score goals back 06/07 to save us, well either can the coaches Tan.Its not like the Sedins,Kesler,Burrows,Higgins,whoever didn't have their chances. The pucks will go in eventually .

Wow you think a calm coach on the bench means he doesn't care. Just wow! You know that for a fact! But a screaming manic on the bench will do wonders right Tan!

I LIKE coho too Tan ,but don't try and compare him to Naslund. There was only one Naslund. Your complaining about how Coho was playing on the third line?? You have to earn your way on the team Tan. That how it goes sometimes with a veteran team. Stall doing it in Pittsburgh . Do you see anybody complaining. Ohh by the way Naslund did start out on the third line in Vancouver and it took him another 3 years before he broke out. Was even almost traded out of the doghouse under Keenan.

Coho proved himself instantly after traded to Buffalo when playing top 6. He IS a top 6 player. If you are a good coach, you know your player well, you know where to put your player in your line up.

Again your still upset over Grabner? The same person who went to the Panther's training camp out of shape. Well Tan would you have been happy if Grabner came into Vancouver out of shape?? Grabner has had one good season and so far hasn't been close to what he was last year.

So, out of shape then score 52 points, .... ironic, eh?

Grabner's stat:

2010-2011 ISLANDERS 76 34 18 52 13 10 2 6 3 228 14.9 2011-2012 ISLANDERS 72 17 11 28 -16 12 1 1 2 155 11.0

I see it is OK, not as poor as you said above.

Worst trade ever???? Go google CAM NEELY.

you never know in the next 10 years what 's gonna happen on COHO.

Wow... the whining is still going on? Has this morphed into another boohoo Hodgson thread?

Two perfect games in a row - the epitome of shutdown - and four straight wins against desperate teams - teams fighting for their lives, but unable to put the puck in the Canucks net. If Canucks fans are concerned about scoring, how do you think their opponents feel? Shots, but very few actual scoring chances. All four lines are focussing on playing solid defensive hockey. Two defensemen out of the lineup and the five man units clamp down nevertheless. Gragnani has had a few hiccups, but is showing signs that he can fit in nicely. Alberts steps in and plays a solid game. Kassian is taking care of first things first and whether he is scoring or not, is playing good system hockey in very tight games and not trying to force the issue or do too much - impressive for such a young player.

Could not love the Hodgson trade more. Are there still people looking for reasons to whine about it? Don't look now but Pahlsson has five points, hasn't scored any gimme points (has actually had hard luck or could have a couple more goals), while shutting people down, killing penalties, and generally making the third line an absolute two-way beast. I'd be curious to know who Higgins and Hansen would prefer to play with...

What I want to know is why AV hasn't been giving Pahlsson more minutes? :bigblush:

Anyway, a shutout is about as good as victories come, and a shorthanded winner off the sticks of Pahlsson and Higgins, that was sweet. Great playoff-style team effort. The Canucks have a lot of scorers, and can still win when they are not lighting it up. Gotta love what Mike Gillis and the Canucks have put together here.

The Av's game tonight had some excellent scoring opportunities..several breakaways,odd man rushes.If it was'nt for the great goaltending on both sides it could've been a 3-2 game easily.

If anybody listened to Jeff Patterson on 1040 after the game,you'd swore we lost...??

People seem to be blaming our lack of scoring because Cody is gone. If you look at the 12 games prior to the deadline the 3rd line with Cody is actually being out scored by the current 3rd line in the 12-13 games since the deadline.

The Canucks aren't lacking scoring because they miss Cody, they aren't scoring because the top guys are slumping and they made a conscious decision to go with a guy like Pahlsson at 3rd line centre instead of Hodgson. Many who know little about hockey will not even notice all the little things Pahlsson does exceptionally well with and mostly without the puck.

The canucks have chosen to follow the way the league is trending and the way the officiating is going these days and go with a more defensive style of hockey. You heard MG himself say he didn't want to do this but felt it was the best way for them to compete in the playoffs this year. Was he and the Canucks brass right? We'll have to see....

People seem to be blaming our lack of scoring because Cody is gone. If you look at the 12 games prior to the deadline the 3rd line with Cody is actually being out scored by the current 3rd line in the 12-13 games since the deadline.

The Canucks aren't lacking scoring because they miss Cody, they aren't scoring because the top guys are slumping and they made a conscious decision to go with a guy like Pahlsson at 3rd line centre instead of Hodgson. Many who know little about hockey will not even notice all the little things Pahlsson does exceptionally well with and mostly without the puck.

The canucks have chosen to follow the way the league is trending and the way the officiating is going these days and go with a more defensive style of hockey. You heard MG himself say he didn't want to do this but felt it was the best way for them to compete in the playoffs this year. Was he and the Canucks brass right? We'll have to see....

Archived