The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scoring Touch---- Concerns Me.

tan

I stand corrected.

As Booth had two 40 point seasons and one 60 point season it is conceivable with multiple games remaining Cody can best all but that 60 pt. statistical season of Booth's career,in his rookie campaign.Cody has 40 points now.

I like Kassian and I like Cody.

I like Booth and I follow Samuelsson in Florida.

I wish all these guys health and solid careers wherever they play.

We are all Canucks.................. unless you get traded and then you were never a Canuck at all?

Well the Sedins provide the brunt of the scoring and they were struggling since mid February. This will bring down the GPG average down by around 1 since they are involved in a goal in nearly every game.

Of course, our secondary scoring hasn't done much either, and we don't have much of a puck moving D-man in Ehrhoff anymore. Edler still lacks in that department along with getting shots through consistently.

"Not hard to digest that you are participating in a Canucks fan forum,but obviously some are having problems accepting that fact."

The only fact being denied here imo is that Cody is gone........time to move on.

He is not a Canuck any more and not likely to be in the near future so why must people keep harping on about him. It's not as if he is out injured............he is a Buffalo Sabres player. Any further discussion on him should be on the GeneralHockey Discussion.

Most teams now are playing their best hockey to make the playoffs or get ready for the playoffs. Since the Canucks are a legitimate contender they put more of an effort than against most teams. The fact that we still win these close games should be a factor in showing how the Canucks have become better at team defence.

Also keep in mind, the Canucks have played a large amount of hockey through the past 2 years. It must have caught up with them.

But I'm not worried. Look at the scoring depth we have:

Sedins => 40+ goals a year. In the top 5 players of the league.

Kesler => 30+ goals a year. playoff performer

Burrows => 20+ goals a year. playoff performer

Booth => 20+ goals a year. can be a physical presence

Raymond => great speed. can score timely

Higgins => 20+ goals. playoff performer

Hansen => playoff performer. scores timely goals

Ebbett => can replace a top 9 player. scores timely

Lapierre => playoff performer. scores timely goals

Pahlsson => shut down centre. playoff performer

I'm not worried. Close games are a playoff staple. And if we can win them...then who cares.

Ok idiots who still think the Hodgson/Kassian trade was stupid. Just you wait till the playoffs come around and Kassian is "killing" I repeat "killing" people out there, we needed a big mean power forward and until that gets grinded into your puny little thick ignorant skulls, be quiet and wait until the playoffs. Kassian is better than Hodgson.

But why would GMMG trade for a player that will help in 2 years when the window to win the cup is now. I am still certain that someone in CoHo's camp requested a trade because I just can't see the moves made improving our chances this year. If no one in CoHo's camp asked for a trade then I would have to agree this could go down as one of the worst trades for the Canucks in a long ass time. Sure it might look decent in a couple years, but why speculate like this when you have a contending team now.

"Not hard to digest that you are participating in a Canucks fan forum,but obviously some are having problems accepting that fact."

The only fact being denied here imo is that Cody is gone........time to move on.

He is not a Canuck any more and not likely to be in the near future so why must people keep harping on about him. It's not as if he is out injured............he is a Buffalo Sabres player. Any further discussion on him should be on the GeneralHockey Discussion.

You sound like this is the last chance for a cup. With this core they have 3-4 year window and with the uncertain CBA coming up and if the cap goes down who would you try to sign in the future Hodgson or Edler? After a few games you say this is the worst trade ever,i mean c'mon man.

In the last month also, we have played 17 games and scored total 34 goals.

We were down from no. 1 GF in the league to no.6.

before that time, we had average 3.4 goals per game.

the last 17 games we have 2 goals per game.

There are something seriously wrong here. Mr. Coach, what went wrong?

It reminds me in 07-08 season, all players were shaped like " it would be one goal game... many games would be tight 1:0 or 2:1。。。“ blah blah. Lui saved our ass to 2nd round playoff. that's it. He doesn't score to save us. right now, we have arguably the deepest forward in the league.... but, the goals for some reason diminishing....

Mr. Coach, are you like the guy still calm and doesn't care while the rest of us all concern or worry about it?

Most teams now are playing their best hockey to make the playoffs or get ready for the playoffs. Since the Canucks are a legitimate contender they put more of an effort than against most teams. The fact that we still win these close games should be a factor in showing how the Canucks have become better at team defence.

Also keep in mind, the Canucks have played a large amount of hockey through the past 2 years. It must have caught up with them.

But I'm not worried. Look at the scoring depth we have:

Sedins => 40+ goals a year. In the top 5 players of the league.

Kesler => 30+ goals a year. playoff performer

Burrows => 20+ goals a year. playoff performer

Booth => 20+ goals a year. can be a physical presence

Raymond => great speed. can score timely

Higgins => 20+ goals. playoff performer

Hansen => playoff performer. scores timely goals

Ebbett => can replace a top 9 player. scores timely

Lapierre => playoff performer. scores timely goals

Pahlsson => shut down centre. playoff performer

I'm not worried. Close games are a playoff staple. And if we can win them...then who cares.

But why would GMMG trade for a player that will help in 2 years when the window to win the cup is now. I am still certain that someone in CoHo's camp requested a trade because I just can't see the moves made improving our chances this year. If no one in CoHo's camp asked for a trade then I would have to agree this could go down as one of the worst trades for the Canucks in a long ass time. Sure it might look decent in a couple years, but why speculate like this when you have a contending team now.

I'm talking about specific situations where he struggles. When there's a guy in his shooting lane, he rarely gets the puck through because he usually just sticks his head down and unloads. Ehrhoff was still more effective offensively, but Edler easily makes up for this rather insignificant inferiority in his other skills.

In the last month also, we have played 17 games and scored total 34 goals.

We were down from no. 1 GF in the league to no.6.

before that time, we had average 3.4 goals per game.

the last 17 games we have 2 goals per game.

Adjustment to the reality of our lineup? Lines formulated to compete physically (match / outperform in speed, size & hustle instead of just talent).

There are something seriously wrong here. Mr. Coach, what went wrong?

It reminds me in 07-08 season, all players were shaped like " it would be one goal game... many games would be tight 1:0 or 2:1。。。“ blah blah. Lui saved our ass to 2nd round playoff. that's it. He doesn't score to save us. right now, we have arguably the deepest forward in the league.... but, the goals for some reason diminishing....

Mr. Coach, are you like the guy still calm and doesn't care while the rest of us all concern or worry about it?

Archived