The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steve Dangle Fan Reaction - Interesting Point On The Canucks

nuckle

Who's Steve Dangle and why should we care what he says? Any team could end up like a team currently in the NHL We could be like Detroit or Pittsburg, or we could be like Edmonton or Columbus. We could also be like Calgary or Toronto, but who knows.

I can't see a point in the last 20 years of Leafs' history that they can compare to our current Canucks.

He's right. We are trying to be like the Red Wings by drafting well and developing players slowly, but even if we're successful it can't last forever. Teams go through good and bad periods in their history. There probably will come a time when the Canucks will suck. For those fans that whine endlessly about every little bump in the road, it really could be worse. Like he said, look at the Leafs.

The guy makes great videos, very funny.

About the comparison, he's sorta right Canucks fans, lets not take this era (mini era) for granted, we have a great team with two world class goaltenders.

Sure the Maple Leafs didn't get to the finals like us but they had some fairly deep runs, gambled a bit to make take the next step and it cost them dearly. I have confidence in MG that he won't take those risks and have a way better platform to achieve long term success.

He did say that the Canucks have a very good chance in the next three or so years to bring home a Cup, so for all you people who would bash him for being a Leafs fan, he seems like a hockey fan first. I feel his pain, must be tuff to watch the Leafs make mistake after mistake.

The guy makes great videos, very funny.

About the comparison, he's sorta right Canucks fans, lets not take this era (mini era) for granted, we have a great team with two world class goaltenders.

Sure the Maple Leafs didn't get to the finals like us but they had some fairly deep runs, gambled a bit to make take the next step and it cost them dearly. I have confidence in MG that he won't take those risks and have a way better platform to achieve long term success.

He did say that the Canucks have a very good chance in the next three or so years to bring home a Cup, so for all you people who would bash him for being a Leafs fan, he seems like a hockey fan first. I feel his pain, must be tuff to watch the Leafs make mistake after mistake.

Meh, being bad doesn't make you like the Leafs. Being delusional that a bad team is close to winning the Cup or signing every major free agent who will turn it around makes you similar to the Leafs. it goes in cycles, unless you're Detroit. Anyone remember MOST of Canucks franchise history before this run of winning seasons? Canucklehead jokes?

I love this era...even if Luongo is the worstest goalie to ever play the game ;)

He's right.  We are trying to be like the Red Wings by drafting well and developing players slowly, but even if we're successful it can't last forever.  Teams go through good and bad periods in their history. There probably will come a time when the Canucks will suck. For those fans that whine endlessly about every little bump in the road, it really could be worse.  Like he said, look at the Leafs.

were the leafs seriously thinking that the defense of lebda and komisarek and basically phil kessel alone were going to take them to the stanley cup? canucks and leafs cannot be compared at this point, sadly i have watched most leaf games this season :(

nope. the Leafs are the one and only. in a class by themselves. no team could ever take losing to the level they do, or do it as well as they do. and any other team, people would eventually start to feel sorry for them, but Toronto, never. keep on Laffing.

I'm watching his vids right now, he's pretty insightful, funny and witty for a leaf's fan. And he's got some pretty interesting points.

See his rant about Canucks fans, rings so true. starts at 0:58

my faves :bigblush:

Why are Canucks fans hated?

"It's that the canucks are good, other teams suck, and you DON'T APPRECIATE your good to suckiness ratio."

"See, the canucks are sooo good, they have such a wicked wicked team, that when things go south, they blame it on Raymond. Then after watching the leafs get scored on after 13 seconds i want you to shut the hell up."

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a hint of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

but guys, we are like toronto!...we havent won a cup in over 40 years, however, weve been to the dance three times since theyre last.

every team has highs and lows, edmonton was a power house in the late 80's winning the cup 5/7 years('84,'85,'87,'88,'90) one was a sweep and another 3 were only 5 game series with only philly taking them to 7 games in '85. they also went to the dance as recent as '06 and lost to the canes, they still pushed it to a 7 game series none the less. despite all that, look at them now, they're right down there at the bottom of the barrel. columbus may be worse this year but edm was even worse last year and the year before that.

van has had some lows in their 40 year history and now were at our high, noone knows how long it will last it could be as long as montreals golden days(i hope) or as short as new jerseys(please god no!)

Archived