The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider - American Goaltender Olympics 2014

believeinblue

Hey guys, I was wondering what your guys' opinion is on where Cory Schneider presently ranks amongst american goaltenders and what your top 5 would be. Also where would you rank Cory Schneider amongst american goalies in 2 years and do you think he will be selected for the american team in 2014 olympics.

Schneider needs to beat out Miller, Quick or Howard.

If he is still a backup, which is unlikey, he will not make it.

If he is getting lit up on a team like CBJ, probably not.

If he puts up the numbers he is doing now as a starter, then yes.

Guest Dasein

ROFLMAO no.

Jonathan Quick = 2014 starter

Ryan Miller = 2014 backup

Maybe as the 3rd string goalie in the press box.

I think among back-up goalies, he's definitely up there. As far as representing the USA in 2014? I figure Thomas, Miller and Quick to be above him in the depth chart. I would think Howard is above him too. That being said, 2014 is two years away. Anything can happen.

Go Canucks go!

:towel:

Guest The Brown Burrows

I'd say it would be something like this when the time comes.

1. Quick

2. Miller

3. Howard

4. Schneider

5. Thomas

6. Anderson

Schneider has a chance but he would have to outduel the other three (the top 3 are fairly close).

* I'm guessing that Thomas would retire by then or not be as dominate. He would be 40...and he ain't no Lidstrom ;)

If Schneider puts up numbers like he has this year when he's a starter and Burke is still the GM of the US team then there is a good chance he could be one or two. Burke doesn't care about seniority, he just wants to win. However, I do think that Quick and Miller are still above him on the depth chart. Thomas will probably be out of the NHL by then so I'm not counting him, and Howard certainly has more wins, but is not as good as Schneider so it would be foolish to put him on the team instead of Schneider. And Anderson can't put up solid numbers year after year, if he manages to have solid years from now until the Olympics then maybe, but I still think Schneider gets a spot ahead of him.

Guest BuckFoston

Howard is a dude-bro douche and is overrated, like many have said. 2014 is Miller time! Although I'd rather have Quick. He is unreal.

Depends on how Schneider performs as a full-time starter, I think. All the others mentioned are starters, not back-ups. Quick will be there, for sure, unless he has a total collapse between now and then. That guy is incredible and only getting better. Miller is still a media-darling and will likely fill the ''seasoned veteran" role Thomas had in 2010, whether he sees any ice time or not. That 3rd spot is totally up for grabs right now. Schneider's best chance for Team U.S.A. in 2014 will come after he's traded at some point over the next 2 summers.

at the moment no. He would have to:

A: Play more than 50 games a year every year up until the olympics.

B: Put up countinued impressive numbers until then.

As of now... Quick Miller and Howard would all be on the team over him.

He is definitely on the right track mind you.

Gillis and AV bench Luongo and go with the hotter goalie. Scheider get's on a roll and backs the Canucks to a Cup this year. Luongo asks for a trade and Scheider backs the Canucks to 115 point season and another Cup while winning the Stanley Cup MVP. He starts for Team USA.

Not impossible.

Archived