The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

There's a reason whybthere was no penalty called ... It was very close to clean. Only when one slows it right down in replay can we estimate .8 seconds and when the skates came off the ice. We wouldn't even be talking about it if Hossa hadn't been removed on a stretcher .... So why is Torres about to get suspended? Because all the bleeding hearts have no stomach for rough hockey. I say let 'em play. Had Sedin gotten hauled off on a stretcher, brown probably would have been suspended for a CLEAN hit.

Let' em play ... This is the best playoffs in years!!

looked a lot like the Brown hit on Henrik, which wasn't a minor penalty either... so much for Henrik being a woooossssy. Not a lot of guys could come back after that and play a 2:30 shift.

I like Hossa, the guy is a beast, but the hit, like the Brown hit, may have partially caught him on the jaw, but was primarily to his chest.

Chicago spun the Keith elbow as if it was a good payoff - a good rest for Keith - it's hard to feel for their ranting and whining about a borderline hit at the moment.

When someone is strapped to a stretcher and carried off the ice, it stops being a game to become real life at that point. That player in a (rival's) jersey is simpy a human being so it's all irrelevant beyond concern that he/she is ok. With that, there are certain players who it would likely become a matter of "you reap what you sow". Hossa isn't one of them from my recollection.

The good news: apparently Hossa's been released from hospital and it appears he'll be ok.

Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended indefinitely, pending an in-person hearing on Friday, for his hit on Marian Hossa of the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 on Tuesday night.

The hearing, which had been planned for Wednesday, was deferred at the request of Torres and the NHL Players' Association.

As a result of the hit, Hossa was carried off the ice on a stretcher, taken to hospital for tests and later released. He is expected to recover completely, but there is no timetable for his return.

Torres was not penalized on the play.

"It was a brutal hit," said Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville after the game.

Cheap and dirty but not injure (Raymond injury was still more of a freak I think).

Brown didn't jump when he hit hank or hit late (NHL has a rough .5 second rule and Brown was at .3 while Torres was at .83). Also Brown was not targeting the head and Torres definitely was.

Torres is honest to god gutless, I didn't care for him in Vancouver just because he would leave his feet when hitting way to often for my liking.

You have to factor in Torres history too. He was suspended/fined twice twice this year + his previous years also.

I totally agree with all your points. the raymond incident was a freak incident.

it was not similar to the brown hit...torres LEFT his feet and jumped.

im glad he is suspended indefinitely.

to those cheering, hang your head in shame...you NEVER want to see this. NEVER

Archived