The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possibility Of Losing Both Luongo And Schneider?

yes we can nucks

Toronto and Tampa bid for Luongo but Gillis sticks it to Burke because of the hate.

Burke then makes crazy offer sheet for Schneids, Canucks can't and won't match it.

Possible ... not probable but possible.

I wouldn't doubt it. LOL at TSN for saying we need to take Komisarek in return for Luongo.

Komisarek and what? A bag of pucks to sweeten the deal? Luongo is not going to get traded if he can't bring in return, and Toronto may talk the talk, but when it comes to assets, they are like a chapter 7 company...

Wasn't there another thread about this a while ago?

I'm sure you can find the other thread about the other thread about Luongo's other thread that was taken down because the other thread was already up about Luongo getting traded---you can find that one.... somewhere..

very unlikely that will ever happen. If the Canucks were smart they would make sure they have a goalie locked up before trading the other. If Luongo is the one to get traded I expect Schnieder to be signed before he(Luongo) goes.

Hypothetical situation: Luongo gets traded. Schneider gets a crazy offer from another team that Canucks cannot or aren't willing to match. Schneider has a great relationship with his buddy and mentor Luongo. He sees what happened to Lu in this crazed market could happen to him too in the future. He jumps at the offer from the other team and leaves the Canucks.

The Canucks lose both Lu and Schneider. The irony would be delicious. The Canucks end up with a Lack of goalie.

Possible outcome or not?

You're not the only one with this scenario in mind. Remember Tim Thomas has an expiring contract after next season and Tuukka Rask, like Schneider, is an RFA this summer. It will be interesting to see if he gets a long term offer from Boston as Schneider surely will from Vancouver. And, if Rask and Boston can't agree on a long term contract, maybe Schneider --- with possibly an eye on that job --- takes his time signing a long term deal with the Canucks.

Going to be an interesting summer 2012. 2013, too.

yeah but if the offer sheet if above 5M...we get four 1st rounder. Imagine if it's the leaf. 4 first round from the leaf. That's Tyler Seguin + Dougie Hamilton x2.

If we get 4 1st rounder for Cory, it's worth it I think. Unless it's like Detroit who always a good team, but still.

Anyway no one is that crazy, and if it's under 5M we will match easilly.

Hypothetical situation: Luongo gets traded. Schneider gets a crazy offer from another team that Canucks cannot or aren't willing to match. Schneider has a great relationship with his buddy and mentor Luongo. He sees what happened to Lu in this crazed market could happen to him too in the future. He jumps at the offer from the other team and leaves the Canucks.

The Canucks lose both Lu and Schneider. The irony would be delicious. The Canucks end up with a Lack of goalie.

Possible outcome or not?

Did NO ONE else see what the OP did there? Lack of a goalie... No? Anyone?

If he can't be moved, we will have both for next season and possibly deal Schneider at the deadline. Simple as that. I don't know why you people make this issue like its rocket science. It doesn't take a genius to not screw up this situation.

The team can't afford both. Schneider knows his value to some other teams if not the Canucks. He will be asking the moon. Signing Schneider and keeping Lu leaves nothing left for the other RFAs.

very unlikely that will ever happen. If the Canucks were smart they would make sure they have a goalie locked up before trading the other. If Luongo is the one to get traded I expect Schnieder to be signed before he(Luongo) goes.

Very unlikely but possible... which is why I said 'hypothetical'. Say a team makes an offer that the Nucks cannot refuse for Lu today. Do they say 'wait, we have to sign Schneider first'?

Did NO ONE else see what the OP did there? Lack of a goalie... No? Anyone?

Thank you... you are the first!

"Ridiculous unmatchable contract" would only be one that gives us at least a 1st and a third, and if the offer is over $4.7m we'll get a 1st/2nd/3rd.

Essentially a forced rebuild. I'm sure we'll be able to trade a pick for a semi-decent goalie to go with Lack and still have 2 1sts + what we get for Luongo, which could entirely be another 1st.

Yakupov anyone? :D

Your mods here should combine all the 10 different 'Luongo/Schneider' threads into one. The same topic keeps getting started. All of these could be discussed in one thread.

They used to but they are all out drinking whiskey and trashin the city cause we lost.

• 1 month later...

Archived