The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possibility Of Losing Both Luongo And Schneider?

yes we can nucks

Moving someone for the sake of moving is no good if you did not get much in return.

Yes, but when you get more than he's worth, it's a great move, particularly when he was (albeit wrongly) considered both unmoveable and wanted out, with pretty much one destination to work with.

Thrilled to have Matthias and Markstrom and end the soap opera.

Not all players need a veteran presence and someone guiding them. Eddie seems so well grounded that I feel he'll be ok. It doesn't have to be another goaltender providing that anyhow...guys like Bieksa and the Sedins can likely chime in if he's getting too down on himself or his own game starts to unravel (praying it doesn't).

It is definitely risky to have relatively "unproven over time" goaltenders but there's a reason for having two not one...so a back up can come in for relief if things go awry. They'll be fine.

I hope so, last night's game was scary for any Goalie. I hope it has not destroyed him.

How so? Helping your team win every night isn't messing up the organization...

Getting outplayed, demanding a trade, his part in that contract, his part inmaking his trade demands a public soap opera, demanding he go back to Florida etc, etc...

He's not solely responsible for what happened but he definitely had a hand in the gong show.

Getting outplayed, demanding a trade, his part in that contract, his part inmaking his trade demands a public soap opera, demanding he go back to Florida etc, etc...

He's not solely responsible for what happened but he definitely had a hand in the gong show.

I guess, but if they had simply traded Schneider like everyone and their mother thought they should have, would we be saying the same thing?

I have never seen a franchise player get treated so poorly by their franchise. Down right embarrassing, and probably the reason it will be tough to attract free agents.

I guess, but if they had simply traded Schneider like everyone and their mother thought they should have, would we be saying the same thing?

I have never seen a franchise player get treated so poorly by their franchise. Down right embarrassing, and probably the reason it will be tough to attract free agents.

A LOT of how he was "treated poorly" was on the coaching staff, not the management (never mind the fans).

Why would any free agent want to come here now after their classless treatment of players?

Not unless management is changed... but even that won't fully heal the scars Gillis has left.

Hypothetical situation: Luongo gets traded. Schneider gets a crazy offer from another team that Canucks cannot or aren't willing to match. Schneider has a great relationship with his buddy and mentor Luongo. He sees what happened to Lu in this crazed market could happen to him too in the future. He jumps at the offer from the other team and leaves the Canucks.

The Canucks lose both Lu and Schneider. The irony would be delicious. The Canucks end up with a Lack of goalie.

Possible outcome or not?

hehehe

Archived