The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Salary Cap For New Cba

I just came up with this idea, so I thought I would share it with everyone. Here it is:

If the NHL and NHLPA can't come to terms on a new CBA, I propose the following:

Each line has a maximum salary cap. For example:

First line = $21 million

Second line = $17 million

Third line = $7.5 million

Fourth line = $4 million

First D pairing = $15 million

Second D pairing = $10 million

Third D pairing = $4 million

Goalies = $9 million

So basically, there won't be a salary cap like there is right now, but a certain limit you have to pay for each part of a team.

Thoughts?

But then what about the lines and their consistency? AV would flip if this became true. We had Booth on our third line this year once, we also had Ballard on our third pairing. Good teams with depth, like the Canucks, would be $crewed if this were to happen.

But then what about the lines and their consistency? AV would flip if this became true. We had Booth on our third line this year once, we also had Ballard on our third pairing. Good teams with depth, like the Canucks, would be $crewed if this were to happen.

So what happens when a coach wants to shuffle lines during a game? He needs to have a list of every player's cap hit in one hand and a calculator in the other before he can send out a new line.

Never heard a proposal on the salary cap that has been so badly thought out. Sorry man, it just makes 0 sense from any perspective.

Plus it means the overall cap is going up like 20 million dollars, let's see the owners agree on that, I doubt even the Aquilinis would agree on that.

So what happens when a coach wants to shuffle lines during a game? He needs to have a list of every player's cap hit in one hand and a calculator in the other before he can send out a new line.

Never heard a proposal on the salary cap that has been so badly thought out. Sorry man, it just makes 0 sense from any perspective.

Plus it means the overall cap is going up like 20 million dollars, let's see the owners agree on that, I doubt even the Aquilinis would agree on that.

I just came up with this idea, so I thought I would share it with everyone. Here it is:

If the NHL and NHLPA can't come to terms on a new CBA, I propose the following:

Each line has a maximum salary cap. For example:

First line = $21 million

Second line = $17 million

Third line = $7.5 million

Fourth line = $4 million

First D pairing = $15 million

Second D pairing = $10 million

Third D pairing = $4 million

Goalies = $9 million

So basically, there won't be a salary cap like there is right now, but a certain limit you have to pay for each part of a team.

Thoughts?

Archived