The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It Stings A Little More This Year

juliusgulius

does anyone else find that the early exit from the playoffs is harder to accept this year. I can't put my finger on why, but this year it just seems like a bad dream that won't end. maybe it's the fact that I knew that 75% of the teams prior to the canucks that won the presidents trophy two years consecutively won the Stanley cup the second year, so I was expecting we would at least make it past the first round. This off season couldn't end sooner for me, maybe because I'm excited to see how kassian will do, and what will happen with Luongo

Little bit of bad luck with Daniel Sedin out. Guaranteed if we played the Kings again we would beat them. If you look at the games, we lost cause of boneheaded mistakes that aren't normally made by this team, this coulda easily been a 4-0 sweep in favor of the Canucks as well, the Kings didnt blow Vancouver out by any means, we just shot ourselves in the foot. I'm excited for season, and this offseason which could land us some huge free agents. We're a contender again next season.

The reason why it may hurt more : We went to finals last year and did great again this season. People thought it wasnt over, and thought we were closer to the cup, and that theres no way we wouldnt get back to the final.

That sudden 5 game series loss blew any idea of that.

I dont think people realize how much luck it even takes to get to the final. Let alone, a good team, skill, injuries, and team chemistry at the right time.

No, personally I found game 7 against Boston to be much tougher to handle.

All the way through those playoffs I was confident that we were going to win - even coming into game 7 - we had already beaten Boston 3 times at Rogers Arena.

This year though - I felt we had lost a lot of sparkle as the regular season drew to its end. It was almost as if we won the President's Trophy because nobody else wanted it!

Going into the playoffs this year I didn't have the same anticipation as the year before. Our defeat at the hands of the Kings was very disappointing, but not really that surprising. LA are peaking at exactly the right time, and if they keep playing like this I can't see any of the teams left overcoming them.

We need changes at the helm if we are going to get back to the top and finally get this monkey off our back.

There's next year, being optimistic works. I've always loved the Canucks, sure there were difficulties in this playoffs and last as well. (Referring to LA Lost and Boston too.)

Stop thinking about last year though, we had a good run. As for this year, just some mistakes that the Canucks should take account for so next time they can face the Kings and other teams better.

Kings beat us playing properly so I'm alright with that, the Canucks just played terribly. Last season we played our best hockey, some of the best hockey anyone in the league had seen by a team for a long time and Boston beat us by wearing us down and playing dirty which is not hockey.

This year stung way less and last year. Actually, for me, this was the least disappointed I've been after a Canucks playoff exit. Reason being - the boys got soundly beat by a better team. Maybe it's different without injuries, but injuries are part of the game. LA deserved to win.

There have been years when the Canucks could have, and should have won playoff series, but for various reasons, they didn't. At least this year there is no question who the better team was.

Little bit of bad luck with Daniel Sedin out. Guaranteed if we played the Kings again we would beat them. If you look at the games, we lost cause of boneheaded mistakes that aren't normally made by this team, this coulda easily been a 4-0 sweep in favor of the Canucks as well, the Kings didnt blow Vancouver out by any means, we just shot ourselves in the foot. I'm excited for season, and this offseason which could land us some huge free agents. We're a contender again next season.

I find it easier to let it go this year. My expectations were high, but my emotions were tempered.

I think the team and the fans are a little worn out from all the excitement in the last couple years.

The boys need some time to get it together and heal, both mentally and physically.

If anything I find it easier this year to say "Next Year!"

last year felt much worse, i mean the excitement and anticipation was at an all time high. now the fans are slightly jaded imo, and after seeing L.A. sweep St. Louis i can definitely sleep better at night. i cant see any team besting the kings if they keep playing this well and we can add (possibly) another team to oust us from the playoffs that goes on the win the mug.

The kings just straight up out worked us line for line, player for player. It's disappointing but nothing compared to last year.

The guys were tired after that long run and another season. I mean you seen the heart was there with henrik and a few guys but they just weren't mentally prepared and up to the task of beating a team that was peaking at the right time.

Let the boys have their rest this summer and they will be back and determined to get the job done next year.

I'm actually pretty excited for next season as there is lots to look forward to. We're gonna trade a goalie and see a good player/players coming back. Will kassian emerge as a power forward? Will Jensen stick with the team? His wolves stint shows promise and av loves him.

The kings just straight up out worked us line for line, player for player. It's disappointing but nothing compared to last year.

The guys were tired after that long run and another season. I mean you seen the heart was there with henrik and a few guys but they just weren't mentally prepared and up to the task of beating a team that was peaking at the right time.

Let the boys have their rest this summer and they will be back and determined to get the job done next year.

I'm actually pretty excited for next season as there is lots to look forward to. We're gonna trade a goalie and see a good player/players coming back. Will kassian emerge as a power forward? Will Jensen stick with the team? His wolves stint shows promise and av loves him.

does anyone else find that the early exit from the playoffs is harder to accept this year. I can't put my finger on why, but this year it just seems like a bad dream that won't end. maybe it's the fact that I knew that 75% of the teams prior to the canucks that won the presidents trophy two years consecutively won the Stanley cup the second year, so I was expecting we would at least make it past the first round. This off season couldn't end sooner for me, maybe because I'm excited to see how kassian will do, and what will happen with Luongo

Archived