The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Edler

Tanev-Ballard

Salo

is a solid defensive core, but it still doenst have that OOMF to it. I would be comfortable with this D-Core only if we get a legit stud for our top 6 forward group.

I really wanted Schultz because we could have developed him into a star... youth is really whats missing from this team. Hopefully Jensen, Schroeder, Kassian make impacts this year, and then Gaunce a few years down the line (he's not ready yet)

"Garrison’s strengths are his exceptional skating ability and passing touch.He has good on-ice awareness and transitional capability. Garrison is adept at contributing to offensive without sacrificing defensive responsibility. Lacks an element of consistent physical play but it’s an area he’s working to improve. Garrison appears very comfortable on the ice and is a free-wheeling defender whose strength is generating scoring chances. He has terrific hockey sense and is an ideal power-play quarterback." HF.

I think Garrison is, in a lot of ways, the best blueline option available in the UFA market - if he doesn't expect to make as much as Hamhuis, I'll be very happy to see him in a Canucks jersey. If a comparable is Matt Carle, Garrison has more than twice as many hits as Carle, is bigger, and put up his numbers on the extremely low scoring Panthers. Yes he played with Campbell, but Carle's points were primarily assists, and he played with the Flyers forward units, which is made up of the equivalent of about 10 top 6 guys... I think he'd be a great signing at what Schultz just got.

Truth is some players will take a pay cut and some wont. This doesn't necessarily mean Garrison is going to take a home count discount just because Dan Hamuis did. In the end money talks and if Garrison is offered 5million+ he's not going to sign for 4.0 million even if the Canucks are contenders.

Shultz is a BC boy who grew up a Canucks fan yet snubbed them to go to Edmonton because it was a better career decision. Sakic could have signed with the Canucks when he was a free agent and hell he's from Burnaby with a street named after him. Kariya is from N.Vancouver and had a shot to sign with Vancouver and chose another team.

Archived