The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

His overall game is quite impeccable. As stated before he has great lateral movement, his shot is a bomb, and often unnoticed is he is very efficient at poke-checking. I have a problem with the many CDC members who state "he only had one good season" and that he isn't worth the risk.

The amount of times you hear people on this forum saying to grab players who may be late bloomers should not be knocking this guys good seasons (his previous seasons were efficient as well, even without Campbell.)

If we let this guy pass, I am pretty sure we will all feel a sense of regret by the end of the first season.

His overall game is quite impeccable. As stated before he has great lateral movement, his shot is a bomb, and often unnoticed is he is very efficient at poke-checking. I have a problem with the many CDC members who state "he only had one good season" and that he isn't worth the risk.

The amount of times you hear people on this forum saying to grab players who may be late bloomers should not be knocking this guys good seasons (his previous seasons were efficient as well, even without Campbell.)

If we let this guy pass, I am pretty sure we will all feel a sense of regret by the end of the first season.

Tallon also said the Panthers most prominent free agent defenseman Jason Garrison has been offered a contract and that while he is, "optimistic,'' intimated that the franchise has plenty of young, talented defensemen to take his place if they had to.

"It's a matter of whether we can afford it or not, that's what it comes down to,'' Tallon said.....

Canucks regarding disenchanted goalie Robert Luongo, and there are reports indicating that the former Panthers goalie would only waive his no-trade clause to return to South Florida where he still maintains his permanent residence.

.....Tallon admitted he has spoken to the

Cory Schneider after two losing playoff games. …

Acquiring Luongo would mean a $5.33 million cap hit per year through 2022 for any team willing to take on a 33-year-old goalie who was replaced by

Mikael Samuelsson, Krys Barch, Marco Sturm along with John Madden will be allowed to test free agency.

Tallon said that Garrison is the only Panthers free agent he's dealing with, meaning that Clemmensen, and forwards

Phone calls to Clemmensen and Luongo's agents were not returned.

I would love to see this happen! This would likely mean the end of Rome and Alberts for sure, and possibly the end of Garrison, if so, maybe Connauton could be given a bit of a chance, and we could sign Justin Schultz too! Hopefully all goes well in these signings!

So he wants 5 million, he deserves around 4.5 million if not less. A 1-time 30-point defenceman usually warrants around 3.5 million but this guy has a great all-around game so I'd be happy with 4 to 5 million, as long as Ballard is traded for picks and the cap roof is extended.

Hamhuis - Bieksa (around 9 million in cap hit)

Edler - Garrison (around 8 million in cap hit, will be much higher after Edler extends)

Salo - Schultz/Tanev (around 3 million in cap hit)

That's a very manageable 20 million invested in 6 defencemen, considering we will likely fork out 9 million for our goalies and have 25 million invested in our top-6 forwards. That leaves about 15 million for depth bottom-6 forwards and depth defencemen which is very do-able.

MG, give the man 5 million if you have to because we have the room.

So he wants 5 million, he deserves around 4.5 million if not less. A 1-time 30-point defenceman usually warrants around 3.5 million but this guy has a great all-around game so I'd be happy with 4 to 5 million, as long as Ballard is traded for picks and the cap roof is extended.

Hamhuis - Bieksa (around 9 million in cap hit)

Edler - Garrison (around 8 million in cap hit, will be much higher after Edler extends)

Salo - Schultz/Tanev (around 3 million in cap hit)

That's a very manageable 20 million invested in 6 defencemen, considering we will likely fork out 9 million for our goalies and have 25 million invested in our top-6 forwards. That leaves about 15 million for depth bottom-6 forwards and depth defencemen which is very do-able.

MG, give the man 5 million if you have to because we have the room.

Here's a quote from him:

“Yeah, I guess time is ticking and I’m starting to realize it,” he said. “The situation in Florida isn’t over yet, but Sunday is going to come pretty quick and if nothing is done, then I’m looking forward to it. I still feel like I’m with Florida. Nothing is set in stone until July 1, but if that’s what it comes down to, I’ve got to prepare myself for that. I’m going to take a few days and make sure I’m well prepared and make sure I know what I’m getting into.”

Jason Garrison will seriously look at signing with his hometown Vancouver Canucks when free agency begins on Sunday.

Garrison came into his own last season with 16 goals but the Justin Schultz sweepstakes could come into play as Schultz is also a native of the Vancouver and his parents are Canuck season ticket holders. Schultz will be a lot cheaper to sign than Garrison who will look to better the five-year, $26.25-million deal that Dennis Wideman signed with the Flames earlier this week. Lots of teams will be looking for the offensive side of the game that Garrison brings so expect a lot of suitors for the 27-year-old rearguard.

Archived