The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

"Garrison’s strengths are his exceptional skating ability and passing touch.He has good on-ice awareness and transitional capability. Garrison is adept at contributing to offensive without sacrificing defensive responsibility. Lacks an element of consistent physical play but it’s an area he’s working to improve. Garrison appears very comfortable on the ice and is a free-wheeling defender whose strength is generating scoring chances. He has terrific hockey sense and is an ideal power-play quarterback." HF.

Garrison will get $5 mill on open market, If MG can sign him for $4.5 consider it a discount. Garrison hasn't made much money in the past. This is his first chance to make real NHL money, I think he should go for the dough and set his family up before thinking about anything else.

IMO, it's Garrison or bust now. Canucks need another d-man who can eat big minutes and play against tough competition. Other than Suter, Garrison is the only other UFA d-man who fits that bill. Quality d-men don't come available very often, they already let Ehrhoff go and missed the boat on Shultz (who is still unproven). Time for Gillis to fill the hole he didn't fill last summer.

I'd actually rather have Garrison than Schultz. We know Garrison is the real deal and will make an impact right away, he's much bigger and like i said, we actually know he can play at the NHL level.

Woulda' been nice to get both of them but oh well.

Just because Feaster got owned by Wideman's agent doesn't mean Canucks should pay that much money for Garrison. He fits real well with the Canucks, but he has to accept less money here than what the open market will throw at him. But having him secure the right side of Edler means that Canucks won't have that elite number one Dman for another few years.

Yes. Once you've picked your house and all the schooling's paid for and your vacations are dealt with and you have reasonable transportation, its all just noise.

Someone with a $75k lien and no job sure could have their life completely transformed with $500k a year. But once you're making several million... sure you can buy more stuff or get the penthouse instead of the suite on vacations, but your family's still flying business class everywhere and your maid(s)/all your service people still do the same job.

If you're making 20+/year, yeah it changes then because you'll be flying private jets and probably own a yacht, which changes the vacation game again. Still, there's only so much you can spend money on, and the returns on happiness definitely diminish significantly once you breach the "I don't have to stress about paying my bills/putting food on the table" stage.

Obviously you are very young.

I will only comment on your first sentence."once you've picked your house"

With extra 500k per year you could pick a much nicer house.

I do not wish to engage in a debate over this so this will be my last response to you on this subject.

Edit. Next time please quote my entire post if you wish to converse with me, on another topic of course.

Obviously you are very young.

I will only comment on your first sentence."once you've picked your house"

With extra 500k per year you could pick a much nicer house.

I do not wish to engage in a debate over this so this will be my last response to you on this subject.

Edit. Next time please quote my entire post if you wish to converse with me, on another topic of course.

Archived