The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Value Of: Stephen Weiss & Kris Versteeg (Rfa)

Hi.

Now before you just say "They are Florida's leading scorers", I understand that, but this should be a good read and I discuss that topic.

Weiss:

I was discussing with people about the possible fact of having Luongo go back to Florida for Stephen Weiss perhaps. We think it could be possible acquiring Weiss because of the the emergence of Huberdeau & Bjugstad. Those two young guys may be one more year away, but Huberdeau is looking better and better every day. Weiss gives the 2nd line a playmaker.

Versteeg:

I also added the fact that Versteeg being a RFA this off season, I think could also be had and would look good in a Canucks uniform. He is a versatile RW, has played on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd lines in his career. I think he could be had for a roster player, good prospect and 2nd round pick. He had some chemistry with Weiss, who had chemistry with Booth. Them 3 could make a damn good 2nd line.

Roster:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Booth Weiss Versteeg

Higgins ____ Burrows

____ Lapierre Hansen

Sign Gaustad & Moen for those spaces.

Malhotra could also fill one of those spaces, but I traded him to a team needing a better defensive forward group for their bottom-6 (like Montréal) for a 2nd/3rd round pick.

What do you think it would take to get one/both of the players??

we need to overpay to get them.

with the possible departure of Samuelsson, their top six would be probably the weakest in the league if we take Weiss and Versteeg from them.

Versteeg and Weiss or Clowe and Pavelski?

San Jose doesnt really need a goalie but they have Couture to take over Pavelski's spot and Clowe just didnt work out for them this year. Maybe if they are willing to upgrade in goaltending we can snatch those two out.

Schneider, Raymonds rights, 2nd for Clowe and Pavelski?

Why not Luongo? well, first of all, his cap hit. Secondly, with Niemi expendable, they have the capspace to make a deal for a top six forward from Toronto.

To Toronto- Niemi, Van 2nd, SJ 5th

To SJ- Armstrong, Kadri

but in the end we get Clowe and Pavelski.

if you really want Weiss and Versteeg then we can do

Clowe, Pavelski for Weiss, Versteegs rights, 3rd

Agreed with Hammer88 if San Jose wants Luongo and can send Niemi in a seperate deal. Clowe AND Pavelski would give our top-6 a whole new dimension added to an already elite top-6.

My point is that Versteeg AND Weiss would give a whole new different look to our top-6 and make the top-6 more rounded. 2 playmakers (Henrik & Weiss), 2 snipers (Daniel & Kesler), a power forward (Booth) and a couple versatile right wingers (Versteeg & Burrows)

Burrows & Versteeg who are both top-6 players, also have a lot of experience on the 3rd line.

Line Combos:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Weiss Kesler

Higgins ____ Versteeg

OR

Sedin Sedin Higgins

Burrows Weiss Kesler

Booth ____ Versteeg

OR

Sedin Sedin Versteeg

Weiss Kesler Burrows

Higgins ____ Booth

OR

Sedin Sedin Booth

Burrows Weiss Versteeg

Higgins Kesler ____

And many more.

I have one thing to say . You cant put Kesler on the 3rd line he would want out before the trade deadline. I wouldnt mind versteeg but we cant have both of them . If we signed Gaustad and if Kassian has a strong season we would have a solid lineup. The 3rd line can still score like last season but still can shutdown the top lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Versteeg

Booth Gaustad Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Higgins

I have one thing to say . You cant put Kesler on the 3rd line he would want out before the trade deadline. I wouldnt mind versteeg but we cant have both of them . If we signed Gaustad and if Kassian has a strong season we would have a solid lineup. The 3rd line can still score like last season but still can shutdown the top lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Versteeg

Booth Gaustad Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Higgins

we need to overpay to get them.

with the possible departure of Samuelsson, their top six would be probably the weakest in the league if we take Weiss and Versteeg from them.

Versteeg and Weiss or Clowe and Pavelski?

San Jose doesnt really need a goalie but they have Couture to take over Pavelski's spot and Clowe just didnt work out for them this year. Maybe if they are willing to upgrade in goaltending we can snatch those two out.

Schneider, Raymonds rights, 2nd for Clowe and Pavelski?

Why not Luongo? well, first of all, his cap hit. Secondly, with Niemi expendable, they have the capspace to make a deal for a top six forward from Toronto.

To Toronto- Niemi, Van 2nd, SJ 5th

To SJ- Armstrong, Kadri

but in the end we get Clowe and Pavelski.

if you really want Weiss and Versteeg then we can do

Clowe, Pavelski for Weiss, Versteegs rights, 3rd

Im not sure if having both would be wise even though I like both of them. AV likes to have a designated checking line as his 3rd and Higgins/Hansen are solid. So unless we are trading someone in our top 6 I dont see how both can fit.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kesler or Weiss/Versteeg or Kesler

As well I am not sold on Kesler as a winger but maybe it would open him up to be more offensive and having a pass first center like Weiss would be beneficial.

Im not sure if having both would be wise even though I like both of them. AV likes to have a designated checking line as his 3rd and Higgins/Hansen are solid. So unless we are trading someone in our top 6 I dont see how both can fit.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kesler or Weiss/Versteeg or Kesler

As well I am not sold on Kesler as a winger but maybe it would open him up to be more offensive and having a pass first center like Weiss would be beneficial.

Archived