The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your expectations for 2012-13 season

canucktican

Disclaimer: this is not what i would nessicarely want, just what i expect from the staff and team.

Schneider gets a 1 year 3.5 m contract.

Raymonds RFA rights get traded away or is bundled in a trade with ballard. he may get signed to a 1 year deal if nothing looks good on the UFA market.

MG signs a 2nd line playmaker.

D-corps stays the way it is. Might be some movement for the 7th and 8th d-men.

In my eyes the 4th line is good to go, I doubt MG uses training and pre-season as a competition for 4th line minutes. Training camp will find out who's gonna replace kesler while he's out and get everyone on the same page. Hopefully to address some of the obvious issues from last year.

Slow october start. we still manage .500 hockey.

Salo gets a severe injurry from some rat. considers retirement.

We finish 2nd in the west behind the kings.

Canucks vs kings in WCF canucks win in 7

canucks/rangers final canucks in 6.

ok, the playoffs may be wishfull thinking. the rest i think is likely.

I intend to SUPPORT this Team. Win or lose. That is what a REAL FAN does. Otherwise, wash the DOG. The guys don't owe you their soul. It's a Game, Entertainment. Hockey is what WE live for. I expect Both Goalies to play. Unrealistic? Not in my World.

I have some expectations but none of them are anything I would BET on...

I have a feeling we'll keep both goalies (and start Cory). I hope we do ANYTHING other than this but...

something in me just says were gonna end up with both and no awesome trade....

I think Kesler will do better this year but not as good as 2010/2011.

i think well try new linemates with the Sedins and Burrows is going to get moved around A LOT (as well as booth and/or Higgy)

I dont think we'll win the presidents trophy

I think well make it out of the first round (not sure after that)

and i think well have a lot of big/young/aggressive players (Vol,bits,pin,kass) getting suspended, while they figure out how to do what we want them to do, without breaking wishy-washy rules...

I think mag will Go bye-bye (maybe as soon as the draft)

Good enough?

2nd round exit... Can this group raise their game in the playoffs and get it done in the clutch? I haven't seen enough to be confident that the Canucks best players can be the difference. The team needs major improvements in several areas to have a chance to knock off the likes of the Kings and the rest of the elite teams in the West.

I'd say we can win our division again easy. We should be able to get at least 2nd in our conference, and maybe 1st.

As for the playoffs, I'd say a second round exit, but you never know for sure.

Archived