The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's okay to beat up your classmates when.....

Magikal

The real goal here should be straightening out those disrespectful children. That would definitely satisfy me if I was in Karen's shoes. I'm glad their parents have spoken out about their children's actions.

The donations which has hit over 500k is ridiculous. I think people believe that Karen goes through this crap every day and that's why they feel she "deserves" the vacation/retirement. Perhaps she enjoys her job, and this was an unfortunate event caught on camera.

Let's start giving everyone free vacations. Starting with this guy.

http://youtu.be/NVoIAgc7a2k

The real goal here should be straightening out those disrespectful children. That would definitely satisfy me if I was in Karen's shoes. I'm glad their parents have spoken out about their children's actions.

The donations which has hit over 500k is ridiculous. I think people believe that Karen goes through this crap every day and that's why they feel she "deserves" the vacation/retirement. Perhaps she enjoys her job, and this was an unfortunate event caught on camera.

http://youtu.be/NVoIAgc7a2k

Totally broke my heart

A lot of schools have older-aged bus, playground, lunchtime, etc monitors. They're retired old people who just want to do something to keep busy and contribute to society. Instead of being admired for it, they get taunted!?

Sickening. Glad this was brought out into the public so those kids were able to learn the wrong of their ways but honestly it shouldn't come to that before they figure it out.

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10724720">snapback.pnglight_kun, on 23 June 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

The donations which has hit over 500k is ridiculous. I think people believe that Karen goes through this crap every day and that's why they feel she "deserves" the vacation/retirement. Perhaps she enjoys her /topic/331539-its-okay-to-beat-up-your-classmates-when/page__pid__10728120__st__120#">job, and this was an unfortunate event caught on camera.

Again, why focus on the negative aspects 24/7? If you want to, why don't you go donate to that kid who got jumped? Is it because everyone else isn't doing it so you remain hesitant?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this woman being given a retirement fund and a nice vacation. If that is what random people across America decided to do with their money then so be it. Are you saying that no one should've donated and that she should've been ignored like so many others? Sounds like you're bitter about someone being helped instead of forgotten like so many others.

Yes it sucks what happens in this world everyday to hundreds of millions of people from bully victims, to war victims to famine sufferers. That still doesn't warrant anyone to take away from the fact that this one woman was helped. This one woman was not forgotten or left behind. This shows that we as human beings and citizens of this world can rally together and create positive change. The response this video has gotten shows that compassionate people are still aplenty and we should be celebrating what was achieved by them. If you want to hear less stories of people being victimized out there then do your part to teach this mentality to the younger generations to come, as well as your friends/family. Make sure you broadcast this mentality via your daily actions in public and force yourself to stand up when you see injustices.

To sit there and cry foul because someone else was forgotten, but not do anything to change that, is the way of the problem identifier, which is the lazy way. Be a problem solver in your community/school etc. and make changes that way.

Again, why focus on the negative aspects 24/7? If you want to, why don't you go donate to that kid who got jumped? Is it because everyone else isn't doing it so you remain hesitant?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this woman being given a retirement fund and a nice vacation. If that is what random people across America decided to do with their money then so be it. Are you saying that no one should've donated and that she should've been ignored like so many others? Sounds like you're bitter about someone being helped instead of forgotten like so many others.

Yes it sucks what happens in this world everyday to hundreds of millions of people from bully victims, to war victims to famine sufferers. That still doesn't warrant anyone to take away from the fact that this one woman was helped. This one woman was not forgotten or left behind. This shows that we as human beings and citizens of this world can rally together and create positive change. The response this video has gotten shows that compassionate people are still aplenty and we should be celebrating what was achieved by them. If you want to hear less stories of people being victimized out there then do your part to teach this mentality to the younger generations to come, as well as your friends/family. Make sure you broadcast this mentality via your daily actions in public and force yourself to stand up when you see injustices.

To sit there and cry foul because someone else was forgotten, but not do anything to change that, is the way of the problem identifier, which is the lazy way. Be a problem solver in your community/school etc. and make changes that way.

I have no problem if people donate their money to this woman. I do think $300,000+ is a bit excessive, but generosity shouldn't have a "cap" either.

I am more shocked and outraged at how these kids treated that older woman. I am several years removed from the age those kids probably are, but I could never imagine berating someone I hated to their face like that, never mind an older stranger...

If one of them were my kid, I would be devastated.

I guess if someone is tough and isn't emotional much (like yourself?) they'd get over it. But a sensitive person would continue to be affected by this and wouldn't be able to just "get over it".

Archived