The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] UniversHockey.ca: Schultz has chosen the Canucks

According to this article on French website UniversHockey.ca by Andre Ouellet (Publisher and Editor-in-Chief) of the website, Justin Schultz has chosen Vancouver...

http://www.universho...-andre-ouellet/

Justin Schultz has chosen the Vancouver Canucks | Andre Ouellet

There is nothing set in stone, but according to several sources, Justin Schultz has made ​​his choice and will formalize his decision on 1 July in the morning.

The prolific young defender who played with the Badgers of the University of Wisconsin refused to sign an agreement with the team that made him its second-round pick in 2008.

While the Ducks were hoping to reach an agreement, the young defender native of West Kelowna in British Columbia was obviously interested in playing at home.

Even if the Canucks are the "winning" team, one should not discount the Edmonton Oilers' plans. If Steve Tambellini chose Nail Yakupov over Ryan Murray at the draft, it is because he had a plan in mind. If my aunt Sylvie is able to tell me that the Oilers are in urgent need of defense, I think Tambellini is well aware, too ...

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames also showed interest in the young prodigy, as did the Philadelphia Flyers.

Schultz is in my humble opinion, the best defenseman not playing in the NHL now and he will be a major asset ffor the team that signs him. For fans of comparisons, Schultz is apparently the new Drew Doughty.

Today, the Canucks decided to let go the young Marc-Andre Gragnani, who was a restricted free agent.

Is this a sign? Of course!

I present to you, Justin Schultz ...

Archived